This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Being the last semester of my college career, I often find myself looking back at the good old days where it all started. Freshman year syllabus week was spent doing questionable things with new friends whereas senior year syllabus week is spent reminiscing on those memories with people who are now your lifelong friends.

Stop right now and give yourself a pat on the back. Through the good times and the bad, you made it this far. In a few short months, you will be beginning your journey into the real world. Thinking back to freshman you, you are probably shocked that you have come so far.

Freshman you was a savage. Freshman you skipped 8 a.m. classes because why not? Freshman you went out everyday of the week because that was what you were supposed to do, right? Freshman you may have made some mistakes but YOLO. Freshman you crushed it at frat parties. Freshman you went to the dining center at least 3 times a day because did you even go to college if you did not gain the freshman 15? Freshman you thought, “I LOVE COLLEGE, THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST FOUR YEARS OF MY LIFE!” and then you blinked.

It is the beginning of the end. Senior year is not time for tears, regrets and endless hours of studying. Not that you should neglect your schoolwork but give yourself some slack, you deserve it. If you don’t have class until 12 p.m. the next day, go out and have some fun with friends. Like the great Dr. Seuss said, “Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.” That being said, do not let a second of your time go to waste make the best of it.

Who would have thought that those degenerate freshmen would turn into college graduates? No one, but here we are… we finally made it! Whatever you do, do not let this last semester of college go to waste. Have you accomplished all that you wanted to accomplish in these four years? Now is the time to cross the rest of those off your bucket list. From savages to seniors, LET’S GO.

Danielle Farrow

Illinois State

Contributor account for Illinois State