This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

You can find this week’s campus celeb on the quad, downtown, or at an apartment with people flocking to him. No, he’s not holding signs and shouting, he’s handing out free stuff. Not just any stuff, Rowdy Gentlemen merchandise. Rowdy Gentleman is a clothing brand that has been wildly popular among college students, especially within the Greek community. Is there anything better than having an internship that not only gives you experience but you also enjoy doing? In college, this is pretty much the equivalent of hitting the jackpot and ISU senior, Robbie Tonge, has practically won the lotto. 

Name: Robbie Tonge

Hometown: Sleepy Hollow, IL

Major: Mass Media

Role Model: Walter Payton

Her Campus ISU: Describe yourself in three words.

Robbie Tonge: Funny, caring, friendly. 

HC ISU: Describe Rowdy Gentlemen in three words. 

RT: Badass, patriotic, unique.

HC ISU: Tell us about your role in Rowdy Gentlemen! 

RT: I’m the Campus Ambassador for ISU, I find venues to host events for Rowdy Gentlemen. They send me merchandise to hand out to the ISU community and I take pictures of people out and about wearing the brand. I love how bringing all this free merchandise can make the night more special. I just had an event a couple weeks ago at Chasers downtown, I handed out free koozies, tattoos and coupons, it was a blast!

HC ISU: What makes Rowdy Gentlemen stand out against other clothing brands?

RT: It’s a clothing brand where you can have fun and look good doing it. The clothes are comfortable and it’s really popular among college students because they have a good balance between clean cut and humorous items. They have a lot of patriotic items which also attract a lot of customers. You feel more confident in yourself wearing their clothes.

HC ISU: What do you enjoy most about representing Rowdy Gentlemen?

RT: I’ve always loved their clothing so I was really stoked to be chosen as a campus rep. Everyone has more fun when I bring the free stuff out at an event. Everyone flocks to the table and it makes people happy, I like making people happy, ha ha.

HC ISU: What items should girls buy their boyfriends’ from Rowdy Gentlemen this holiday season?

RT: Well Rowdy Gentlemen actually has a line for women. It’s smaller but is actually very successful. We recently started getting in outerwear and vests which I think would make a great gift for any guy.

Congrats on your awesome position, Robbie! 

I'm just a sorority girl who drinks way too much coffee and has a passion for clothing I cannot afford.
Contributor account for Illinois State