This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Calling all Illinois State University fans! Our very own Reggie Redbird is looking for a date for the big Valentines Day Men’s Basketball game against Wichita State this Saturday, February 14th.  To help Reggie find the one, we decided to find out more about Reggie and what exactly the beloved mascot is looking for in this special Valentines Day date.

Age: Always 21 at heart

Hometown: Normal, IL

Height: 6’ 3”

Favorite Color:  Red

Football or Basketball: Both

Salty or sweet: Sweet for all my ilstu lady birds

Linkins or Waterson Dining: Linkins because it is closer to my nest.

Her Campus Illinois State: What makes you want a Valentine this year?

Reggie Redbird: I found an arrow in my back earlier this week, I think cupid got me. Plus, with the basketball game on Valentine’s Day I knew I needed a belle to bring to the ball.

HC ISU: What are you looking for in your Valentine?

RR: She has to love pizza, Redbird sports, and be a fan of Tom Selleck’s mustache.  Only the sweetest of girls can apply.

HC ISU: What is the first thing you notice about that special person?

RR: When I look up into the stand and I see her cheering on my Redbirds – and of course her beautiful smile.

HC ISU: What would be your biggest turn off in a Valentine?

RR: Wichita State Fan

HC ISU:  What would be your dream date?

RR:  If you come to the game Saturday against Wichita State you’ll see what my dream date looks like.  I’ve been bird watching all week for the perfect girl to share it with.

HC ISU: What makes you stand out as a Valentine?

RR: I’m tall, charming, and spontaneous.

Grace Masching

Illinois State

Contributor account for Illinois State