Red (Taylor’s Version): What We Know & Predictions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

I don’t think that anyone else could be as excited for Red (Taylor’s Version) as I am, but if you’re also counting down the days, let’s take another look at just what we can expect to get from Taylor on November 12th.

What We Know 

Over the summer, three short months after releasing “Fearless (Taylor’s Version),” Taylor Swift announced that Red would be the second remastered album to drop from the revamping of her discography. Initially, the release date was set to be November 19th, but in late September, Taylor announced that fans would get the full album and vinyl set a week earlier on November 12th. So, with the album coming in just a short period of time now, what exactly can we expect? In addition to the original 20 or so songs released in 2012 (deluxe edition included), Taylor has added 10 more songs that feature artists such as Chris Stapleton, Ed Sheeran (twice!) and Phoebe Bridgers (ahhhh!!!). However, the most exciting part of Red’s rerelease is the additional 10-minute version of “All Too Well,” included within the vault songs on this album. Taylor has alluded to this song many times since Red’s initial release date back in 2012, but fans are still yet to hear this extended, and allegedly explicit, version of the song. 

Predictions

It wouldn’t be a Taylor Swift album release without a little bit of chaos, and that’s exactly what happened on September 17th. Although the upcoming Red release was in full swing by this time, Taylor dropped “Wildest Dreams (Taylor’s Version)” and threw off her entire fanbase. So, does this mean that fans can expect Taylor’s Version 1989 soon after this release? As usual, no one is sure. In an interview before the unexpected release of “Wildest Dreams,” Taylor dropped several clues for fans to decipher. Being no stranger to keeping fans on their toes, Taylor Swift and her plans for releasing the rest of her discography are as wild as ever.  Fans also speculate that collaboration with ex Harry Styles may be in the works for 1989 Taylor’s Version, and I personally could not be more excited at the possibility of this. For now, we’ll be waiting patiently for Red (Taylor’s Version), and staying vigilant for more clues as to what’s next for Taylor. 

From hearing songs like, “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” again for the first time, and finally having a Taylor Swift version of “Better Man,” I think everyone can agree that this album could not come fast enough. And Although we may not know what’s next for Taylor after releasing Red, it may not be all too coincidental if we see some clues pointing towards a 1989 rerelease!

Eileen Quinn

Illinois State '23