Style

Photoshop Lightroom & Premiere Rush are Your New Instagram Essentials to Achieve Your #FeedGoals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

If you’re an avid Instagrammer, then you know that maintaining a feed aesthetic is no joke. The ‘gram game is a serious matter for many users (myself included, duh!). Let me tell you: I’ve tried countless of editing apps. I mean, I’m THAT girl who’s always been trying and experimenting with these apps ever since I made my account. OMG, achieving the ultimate #feedgoals is a never-ending journey!

Thanks to Adobe, my feed looks like a social media influencer or a fashion blogger runs it — and I’m so in love! If you haven’t found the right apps for editing your posts, your girl’s here to help you out. Photoshop Lightroom and Premiere Rush are going to be your new go-to mobile apps to make your feed pop out! 

Photoshop Lightroom

Lightroom isn’t just your typical editing app for photos. The app itself also serves as a way to organize and store photos. If you’re always on-the-go, Lightroom mobile is perfect for you. At the tip of your fingertips, you can easily access the app and do your thing!

It’s become more popular in the past year as social media influencers release their very own presets for their followers to purchase and use. So, if you’re just starting out, no need to fret! For as low as $5, you can buy a preset (a fancy term for a filter). This is such a helpful way to get you more familiar with the app features. You might buy the preset or pack as others, but I promise you can still make it your own by messing around with the settings to fit you. 

Lightroom mobile is a free app that offers in-app purchases. If you’re not too comfy with doing freehand edits, buying some presets is a good way to dip your toes in the water. Here’s a pro tip: visit Etsy for a huge selection of affordable presets

Premiere Rush

Insta isn’t just for photos. We got to give some love to videos too! TBH, finding a great app for video editing is one of the biggest struggles. While there are some that come with artsy filters and effects, you’d still need to use a different app to cut and edit clips. 

Forget using multiple apps for your videos! Premiere Rush will do it all — even recording videos directly. By creating a new project, you can either add media or take video or photo. PR allows users to add titles and transitions, change colors and speed, control the audio separately, and crop the clips. The tools aren’t as intimidated to use as you’d expect. In fact, the app is very easy to navigate! 

We’re all about having a uniform theme, right? As you learn to use the tools, your videos will have the same filter as your photos now too!

Some might say it’s having an “Instagram aesthetic” is so extra, but who said being extra was a bad thing? After all, a lot of peeps do use their Instagram as an online portfolio, while others just want to have fun with their accounts. With the help of Photoshop Lightroom and Premiere Rush, editing your posts has now become more accessible and easier than before! Go to the app store right now and download these free apps. You can thank me later!

Celina Aquino

Illinois State '21

Celina Aquino is a senior studying finance and accounting at Illinois State University. She's a campus correspondent for the university's chapter as well as a national writer. Things that make her the happiest include groutfits and matcha. Check out "Style on the Move" on @hercampusstyle.
Contributor account for Illinois State