This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

So I obviously made it back from PCB, but it wasn’t easy; I’d like to think of myself as a survivor. Those of you who were there could probably agree that a week in PCB takes a minimum of three years off of your life. BUT IT IS SO WORTH IT.  So here is a little follow up of my PCB afterthoughts…

1.     If you are anything like me, you’ll need to bring enough money to buy a new phone when yours gets stolen on the first night.

2.     If you aren’t staying at the Summit, you really aren’t even in PCB.

3.     You will eat on average two meals a day. One being a grilled cheese and Ramen and the other being a corn dog and onion rings from Bikini Bob’s.

4.     What is Bikini Bob’s you ask? It is PCB’s version of the Pub II and it is heaven on earth.

5.    If you choose to go to PCB, get a room on the second floor of the Summit. The elevator is your worst enemy. Just make sure you have friends somewhere on floors between 10-15 for an awesome view for Instagram pictures.

6.     Spinnaker’s is a large version of Chaser’s, minus Ron and Ron Bombs.

7.     Tentative schedule consists of: wake up, beach, Bikini Bob’s, take a nap, wake up, Spinnaker’s, pass out, repeat.

8.     The three B’s that are unavoidable: Boobs, Bikini Bob’s, and Beads.

9.     If you are a girl, you will over pack. Take advice from me; bring 7 outfits and 7 bikinis and 7 outfits and 7 bikinis ONLY. You will wear your bikini from the time you wake up to the time you go out. Chances are you will not even use all 7 outfits because there will be at least one night that you won’t wake up from your mid afternoon nap in time for spinnakers.

10. I know what you’re thinking…was there pizza? Believe it or not, Papa John’s sold pizza for $1.50 right outside of Spinnakers’, God does exist.

11. Also, if you did not wait in line for 45 minutes for a Philly cheesesteak from “Cheesesteaks” you need to return to PCB immediately, IMMEDIATLEY. 

12.  Luke Bryan sounds a lot better from your balcony than from a mosh pit of sweaty animals surrounding you at every angle.

13. Trap Queen is the anthem and you will know every word by the end of the week.

14. The $70 Spinnaker’s pass is 100% worth it, considering one night of cover is $50.

15. I gave up coffee for the week after looking up the nearest Starbucks (which was 1.5 miles away) and walking there only to find out it was located inside of a hotel and they ONLY SERVE TO HOTEL GUESTS. And yes, I contemplated renting a room for the day.

16. There is always one friend in your group that does not react well to the sun, if you are that friend bathe in sunblock every morning before heading to the beach or you will get sun poisoning and die, …ok you wont die but you will come close (cough, cough Allie).

17. Bring 7 pairs of sunglasses because worst-case scenario you have enough for when you lose a pair everyday.

18. You will see things that you can never un-see; it is a good idea to mentally prepare yourself a week in advance. Let’s just say you will never look at some of your friends the same after a week in PCB…

19. Despite all the fun you will be having, you should dedicate one morning for a long walk on the beach before the insanity begins. Florida is absolutely beautiful.

20. After one week in PCB you will never take a clean bed and a home cooked meal for granted, ever again. 

I think it is important for everyone to experience PCB once in their life (mainly because one time is enough). It is the greatest week of your life that will not be acceptable to do once you graduate college. But in all seriousness…what happens in PCB will most definitely NOT stay there so keep that in mind when begging for beads.

Danielle Farrow

Illinois State

Contributor account for Illinois State