Style

NYFW is Over, but I’m Still Obsessing Over These Street Style Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Street style during New York Fashion week is EVERYTHING. Every year, I anticipate the must-try trends that the fashion pros bring to the streets of NYC. You already know I’m scrolling through their ‘grams tirelessly to collect some style inspo. And, let me show you just some of my favorites:

Laid-back Luxe

You no longer have to make that tough decision between comfort and fancy! Laid-back luxe is all the buzz right now. Next time you wear your favorite workout, throw on an oversized blazer and grab your dearest designer purse. 

Tie-dye

Your favorite childhood project is now high-fashion. No, seriously! While designer tie-dye can break the bank, you can absolutely DIY it and save your bucks. 

Strappy Sandals

Hold on, before you start swapping your sandals for boots, you’ve got to try this new shoe trick! The fashion pros have figured out a cool way to wear strappy sandals: lace them over your loose-fit trousers. This technique will really elevate your work ‘fit.

Utility

Okay so, like, Ghost Busters but make it fashuuuun. I mean, baggy fit and big pockets? Yes, please! 

Monochrome

Color-blocking is canceled for the time being. One-tone looks are reclaiming their spot! TBH, monochrome isn’t that intimidating. I know you enjoy wearing groutfits, so why not try an all-red ensemble for your upcoming girls’ night out?

Mid-calf Boots

Booties are cute and thigh-high boots are hot, but mid-calf boots are going to be big again! From all the colors and patterns coming out right now, you’ll definitely find your perfect match. 

Celina Aquino

Illinois State '21

Celina Aquino is a senior studying finance and accounting at Illinois State University. She's a campus correspondent for the university's chapter as well as a national writer. Things that make her the happiest include groutfits and matcha. Check out "Style on the Move" on @hercampusstyle.
Contributor account for Illinois State