This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

New year, new me. 

As cliché as this phrase is, I think it is a great one to go into 2020 with. With a new year comes new resolutions, new goals, a new mindset, etc. We tend to be so positive and excited for the new year, but that excitement can start to die down after the first few months. Here are a few things that will help you continue to be a better you all the way until December.

Start With Small Goals

Small goals lead to big changes. Some of mine include reading before going to bed instead of scrolling through social media, do more self-care routines, and be more organized. I wrote these goals down so I can see them and remind myself to follow through with them.

Embrace Change

This is SO important! We all have things we want to work on, but we can’t change unless we embrace it. Don’t be afraid of change. Sometimes it is the only way we can grow as a person and be the best that we can be.

Move Toward Bigger Goals

Once you feel like you are in a set routine following your small goals, start working towards bigger goals. For me this includes working out 4 times a week, being more positive, and being the happiest I can be.

Try New Things

Get into new habits. If you want to write, write. If you want to paint, paint. If you want to learn how to be a better cook, go out and do it. Start stepping out of your comfort zone!

These are a few ideas to keep in mind as we start the new year. I hope 2020 is YOUR year!

Contributor account for Illinois State