This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

It’s been 6 months and counting of going through a pandemic. It has been long and boring, but it has almost become the norm now. With that being said, everyone has probably had some time to watch a LOT of television. I know I have binged at least 25 shows since March and a countless amount of movies. However, it has allowed me to come up with a list of some of my favorite shows I watched on Netflix so far during this pandemic. 

Ozark

My first few shows I would recommend are for people who enjoy constant action that keeps you on the edge of your seat. My personal favorite out of the few is “Ozark”. This show is all about a family that gets involved with the second largest drug cartel down in, you guessed it, the Ozarks. The show starts out with a bang and ends with a bang, until the next season at least.

Peaky Blinders

The next show in this group is “Peaky Blinders”. It revolves around a gang in Britain that is trying to make money by crime, but then finds a way to make more by making a legitimate business. Not only do the British accents keep you intrigued, but so does the nonstop action of crime and business mixed together.

Dynasty

The last show that I would recommend is “Dynasty”. If you enjoy constant drama, this is the show for you. The two family dynasties in Atlanta have a feud for control and fortune that will keep you on your toes. 

Why They See Us

Now if you enjoy more of a documentary style show, I have a few of those that sucked me in and kept me busy all day. A great show that has a lot to do with present day and Black Lives Matter is, “Why They See Us”. This show tackles the Civil Rights Movement and racial bias in the American criminal justice system. It is very eye opening and kept me intrigued the whole time.

The Social Dilemma

Another great documentary hybrid I watched was, “The Social Dilemma”. It talked all about the dangers of social networking. The creators of tech bring up alarming points that they would have never mentioned when creating the products.

Waco

The last show is not a documentary, but it is all about a true event. “Waco”, is all about the stand off between the U.S. government and the Branch Davidian religious sect. Although a mini-series, this show sheds light on the events that happened during the fight between the two. 

Selling Sunset

The rest of the shows I watched were just your regular reality television or easy going series. The one I have most recently watched is “Selling Sunset”. Focusing on a brokerage of 2 men and 7 dramatic women, this group sells some of the most seeked out million dollar homes while dealing with their own drama. Each episode brings bigger and better homes and more drama than last.

The Babysitter’s Club

I have also really enjoyed “The Babysitter’s Club”. The show is based on the book series, but is updated with pop culture and more edgy material. It is a bright and breezy show that is easy to keep up with.

New Girl

Lastly I will end with the one show I could forever watch on repeat that I believe everyone has probably already seen, but I insist you watch again. “New Girl” will always be my absolute favorite show. This show focuses on a group of friends and their lives, but with the twist of most of them living together. I can promise it will always put you in a good mood. 

All of these shows I have watched during the pandemic, but recommend that you watch or rewatch this fall. Binging shows is a great way to step away from reality today for a bit and take a moment to relax and take in the shows reality. 

Chloe Lindbom

Illinois State '21

Hey guys! I'm Chloe a Senior here at Illinois State University. I am majoring in Public Relations and looking forward to my future career. Until then I plan to keep drinking iced coffee, keeping up with all the latest reality shows, and writing articles for Her Campus. I can't wait to share my writing and part of my life with y'all. If you want even more of me in your life, follow me on Twitter and Instagram! Twitter - @ChloDae Instagram - @Chlo.Dae
Contributor account for Illinois State