Natalie Liesman ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

How lucky am I that this weeks Campus Cutie is my best friend? Being a Bloomington/Normal resident this Campus Cutie knows ISU like the back of her hand.  However, don’t be fooled by her good looks, this girl will give you a good swift kick after playing soccer for 11 years. She’s the perfect date to take to the Pub and eat candy with…but don’t EVER ask her for the red candy pieces. 

Age: 22

Major: Interior & Environmental Design

Year: Senior

Hometown: Bloomington, IL

Relationship Status: Single

Favorite Food: Broccoli and Cheese

Boxers or briefs: Briefs

Salty or Sweet:  Sweet

PUB II or Fat Jacks: PUB

Chocolate or Candy: Chocolate

Her Campus ISU: So as a townie, what is your favorite thing about Blo-no?

Natalie Liesman: Having my mom just 10 minutes away so she can deliver me food to Turner Hall.

HC ISU: What are you involved in on campus?

NL: Service Sorority – Epsilon Sigma Alpha, IIDA-International Interior Design Association, and The Daily Vidette 

HC ISU: What are you hoping to do after you graduate?

NL: Move to South Carolina or Tennessee and be a junior designer at a residential design firm. 

HC ISU: What would your perfect vacation be?

NL: Somewhere out of the country where it is tropical but where I could also gain cultural experience. I love meeting new people and seeing how different cultures live their lives. 

HC ISU: What is your go-to going out outfit?

NL: I go for casual clothing and I like to dress it up with jewelry. But if its not comfy I’m not wearing it.

HC ISU: What is your perfect Friday night?

NL: Going out to dinner with friends, finding a perfect outfit but first asking myself, “Can I dance in this?” then going out with my closest friends but capturing every moment on Snapchat to reminisce the next morning. 

HC ISU: What is your biggest pet peeve?

NL:  When people zone out the world when they are on their phone. Everyone should be able to multitask by now. Couples that own a dog together and call themselves mommy and daddy. People who ride their bikes on the road when a sidewalk is right there.

AND when you are eating candy and someone asks if they can have a red one.

HC ISU: Who is your celebrity crush and why?

NL: Mathew McConaughey. Cause he’s alright, alright, alright 

HC ISU: What is one thing that guys would find surprising about you?

NL: I played soccer for 11 years. 

HC ISU: What is the first thing you notice about a guy?

NL: How he treats his friends and others around him

HC ISU: If a guy came up to you and started a conversation, what is one thing that would immediately make you want to walk away?

NL: If his teeth aren’t straight

HC ISU: Okay, being blunt here, what is your biggest turn off?

NL: When a guy talks too much about himself

HC ISU: Most embarrassing date story?

NL: I accidentally gave myself a bloody nose while telling a story and talking too much with my hands…

Grace Masching

Illinois State

Celina Porretta

Illinois State