Style > Beauty

My Top Amazon Purchases that got me Through the Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

This summer, when I wasn’t working, I was looking for ways to spend money. It’s not something I’m proud of, but it’s the unfortunate truth. Amazon was my favorite because of how unbelievably quickly my orders arrived. I ordered the Paula’s Choice toner at 1 a.m. one night and there it was on my doorstep at 10 a.m. Online shopping with the immediate gratification that shopping in stores could only previously satisfy- it could only get better if it was free! If you’re like me and have a constant hole burning in your pocket, here are 10 things I definitely could’ve lived without, but chose not to.

Paula’s choice 2% BHA light exfoliant – This toner is one of the few products I have used that has noticeably improved my skin within days.

Aviator Polarized Sunglasses – I lose my sunglasses like it’s my job, so after recently ordering my 5th pair of these, it is safe to say they are an all-time favorite.

Pan Oxyl Acne Foaming Face Wash – Toward the end of summer I decided I needed to use a face wash that was stronger than just CeraVe, so, combined with the great reviews I had heard and the low price, I decided to try it out. The 10% benzoyl peroxide took my skin some time to get used to, but after I was fully adjusted the results were unbeatable. My skin now feels and looks significantly cleaner, brighter, and clearer than ever before with other brands.

Gold Diamond Studded Stackable Ring – All of the rings I have gotten from this brand have kept their original gold shine for months after I bought them, and I washed my hands while wearing them about 500 times a week over the summer at work.

Two-Piece Workout/Lounge Set – I have this set in navy blue and light gray that I love pairing with a zip-up! It’s super comfortable, stretchy material, and, best of all, won’t ride up your thighs.

Criss-cross Back Sports Bra – This sports bra is the perfect Lululemon dupe, in my opinion. I know this because my roommate had it first, and I asked her, “How much was that Lululemon bra??” So, it fooled me!

UV Curing Nail Glue – Over the summer I expanded my collection of tools for doing my nails myself, and let me tell you: this product changed everything. I thought I would never be able to use the tips I bought because the regular nail glue only held for a day or two. I came across this on Amazon and bought it immediately. After some trial and error, I now consider myself a professional.

Olaplex No. 3 Hair Perfector – The slick bun is in, so there’s no reason not to throw your hair in an Olaplex mask bun for class, the grocery store, the gym, or anything! Plus, it smells amazing.

All of these products are either something I use every day or at least frequently. I hope I was able to give you some ideas and have fun shopping! Last thing, if you didn’t already know, you can create an Amazon account with your student email and get Prime for free, which is how I have the super fast shipping.

Kaitlyn Peppler

Illinois State '23

Hey! My name is Kaitlyn Peppler, and I am so excited to be with Her Campus. I am all about self-love, self-care, and the bittersweet truth, so if you need a little bit of that, I'm your girl!