Movies to Look Forward to in Freeform’s 25 Days of Christmas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

We are already deep into November, and if you’re like me, you’ve already started getting into the Christmas spirit. There’s no better feeling than sitting down with a hot chocolate, pajamas, and a holiday movie. Freeform has you covered with Christmas movies everyday of December! Here are some of the best movies that will be featured in Freeform’s 25 Days of Christmas. 

Home Alone

This is one of my all time favorite christmas movies. Kevin McCallister has to sleep in the attic the night before his family leaves for their holiday vacation. When the power goes out on the whole street, everyone’s alarms reset causing a panic in the morning because the whole family slept in. With all the hustle and bustle, and a neighborhood kid blending in as part of the family during the head count, little Kevin is left behind. How will an 8-year-old survive on his own? 

This movie will be playing basically every other day on Freeform. Click here to find out specific times and dates.

If you’re a fan of Home Alone, Home Alone 2 Lost in New York plays directly after every time. 

Dr.Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas

This is a classic. There is a new animated version of this on netflix, but this is the version with the wonderfully hilarious and talented, Jim Carrey. He will make you laugh, and make you find a soft spot in your heart for him. This movie helps you remember the true Christmas spirit, and what it’s all about. 

You can find this movie being played every other day, if not more, on Freeform. Click here for the full list of times and dates. 

Christmas with the Kranks

While Tim Allen is most commonly known as Santa in his “Santa Clause” movies, he also stars in this one. He and his wife decide to go on vacation instead of going all out for Christmas like they normally do, because their daughter plans to be out of town. However, there is a last minute change of plans. They need to plan a whole Christmas Eve party in one day before their daughter arrives home. The last minute holiday shopping and scrambling to get everything done is relatable to most people, I think. 

Click here to find out specific times and dates.

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Is it a Christmas movie or a Halloween movie? I would say Halloween, but it’s entertaining either way. The Pumpkin King finds Christmas and needs to be a part of it.

Frosty the Snowman

A classic Christmas tale. We all know the song. This movie will bring you back to your childhood, and get you into the mood to build a snowman. You can’t go wrong with a good holiday cartoon.

A Christmas Carol

Jim Carrey is also the star in this one. The classic tale of Scrooge who hates the holidays, and is haunted by three ghosts to show him what could be. It’s a great Christmas movie with a somewhat spooky vibe to it.

Miracle on 34th Street

This is one of the older movies on the list, but it is a great story. The classic tale of believing in Santa, and what it takes for certain people to truly believe.

If you need movies to watch as you prepare for the holidays, Freeform is already playing family favorite movies every week. Click here to look at the full menu.

Annamarie Schutt

Illinois State '21

Annamarie is a senior journalism major. Aside from being the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus ISU, Annamarie also currently reports for TV-10 News and WZND.