Style

Moncler Genius Released the Most Fashion-Forward Collections for Winter, and We’re Giving Them Heart Eyes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

In the midst of this winter season, one of the biggest struggles is attending formal functions and having to wear layers to avoid catching a cold. Who wants to worry about their coats when there isn’t a coat check, am I right? Say no more because Moncler took over Milan Fashion Week with puffer coat couture gowns.

Dubbed as Moncler Genius, there are nine projects created by a group of talented designers, plus a special collection for dogs. Each project incorporates the down jacket the brand is most known for with unique and free-spirited features. We’re here to give you a quick glimpse of the whole series of collections.

0. Moncler Richard Quinn

Floral and animal prints? Yes, please! The warm weather isn’t here to stay all year, but at least, British designer Richard Quinn is solving the winter blues with one vivid pattern at a time.

1. Moncler Pierpaolo Piccioli

In a collaboration of designers and artists, including Valentino’s creative director Pierpaolo Piccioli and Lemlem’s founder Liya Kebede, couture gowns were given a whole new look with puffer coats and traditional Ethiopian prints. We can’t get over the how beautiful the show was with all African models walking the runway!

2. Moncler 1952 + Valextra 

Who would’ve thought Matrix could be so chic? We’re digging the futuristic vibes Veronica Leoni and Sergio Zambon have created for womenswear and menswear, respectively.

3. Moncler Grenoble

Mountain gear just got a sophisticated upgrade from Italian designer Sandro Martino. The bold colors and playful patterns are everything.

4. Moncler Simone Rocha

Simone Rocha has served us with a darker and eerie theme. Imagine Little Red Riding Hood in high fashion, and we’re here for it, TBH.

5. Moncler Craig Green

Lazy Sundays have a new meaning to them with Craig Green’s collection. To all of us who hate getting out bed and love being cozy, this is what we’ve always needed.

6. Moncler 1017 ALYX 9SM

Inspired by his early life in California, Matthew Williams for a fusion of the Hypebeast aesthetic. It’s totally for the cool, trendy kids.

7. Moncler Fragment Hiroshi Fujiwara

The godfather of Ura-Harajuku fashion, Hiroshi Fujiwara, also brings streetwear to the table. And, we’re in love with the soft, fuzzy striped sweater!

8. Moncler Palm Angels

A metallic snowsuit? Catch us dreaming of wearing this on the slopes. An enthusiast of LA’s skater culture, Francesco Ragazzi, revamped the classic simplicity of Moncler.

Moncler tops it all off with a couture collection for our furry friends—yes, winterwear for these cuties! Pups can be as bad and boujee as their best friends in Moncler and Poldo Dog Couture.

Celina Aquino

Illinois State '21

Celina Aquino is a senior studying finance and accounting at Illinois State University. She's a campus correspondent for the university's chapter as well as a national writer. Things that make her the happiest include groutfits and matcha. Check out "Style on the Move" on @hercampusstyle.
Contributor account for Illinois State