This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

You may have heard somewhere along the line, or even seen at Sephora, hair products by Olaplex. If you have severely damaged hair and you are tired of nothing working, you may want to keep reading.

What is Olaplex?

Olaplex is a formula designed to treat your hair at a molecular level, completely changing the hair product game. The products have a patented formula which heals broken disulfide bonds caused by hair damage. First introduced to Olaplex by my hair stylist, I was skeptical, as you may be too. It seems there isn’t anything that can actually heal damage to hair AND keep it protected through heat and chemical damage. Olaplex is perfect for anyone who has severe damage, styles hair regularly, and gets their hair colored (especially blondes). All of the products are free of parabens, sulfates, and phthalates which may take part of the products being a little pricey.

Before we go into it all, Olaplex has professional products for stylists, ALONG with at-home products. Since you most likely aren’t a professional hair stylist reading this, let’s take a look at the at-home products! These products contain the same active ingredient found in the professional level products. Here are the at-home Olaplex products:

Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3

The No. 3 step is to be used once a week between your salon trips, AND on its own even if you don’t get the salon treatments. To use apply to damp hair before you shampoo and leave in for a couple minutes. This is “the good stuff” when it comes to the Olaplex at-home products. The concentrated treatment in this little bottle is an absolute miracle worker.

Olaplex No. 4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo

When I say a little goes a long way, I mean it. Just a small amount of this shampoo repairs your hair and eliminates frizz. Sometimes when shampooing your hair you may feel like you are stripping your hair of all things good. This shampoo leaves your hair feeling soft and clean, without being dried out.

Olaplex No. 5 Bond Maintenance Conditioner

The holy grail of the Olaplex line is the conditioner. With other hair lines it may feel like you have to put heaps of conditioner in your hair to feel like it’s working. This conditioner is a miracle worker and seals the deal with the entire Olaplex process. 

Highly recommend trying out these products, or talking to your hair stylist about trying the treatment at the salon.

x

Kate

Kate Chapman

Illinois State '19

Hi everyone, my name is Kate Chapman and I am a HC Illinois State editor-in-chief! I am a senior journalism student at Illinois State University and have found I have a passion for incorporating fashion and beauty into my writing and work. Check out my blog (misskatechapman.com) or follow me on Instagram @misskatechapman to connect!