Martin Jensen Drops His Remix of “Day ‘N’ Nite” & Takes Us Back to How It All Started

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Before becoming a multi-platinum selling DJ and producer, Martin Jensen was initially doing “mobile DJing”, as they called it then. His music grew along with his projects — bigger and bigger. 

“I started getting more serious bookings in Denmark and beyond,” he revealed. “It wasn’t until I gave up my old job as a mechanic that I realized it could really become something.”

[ICYMI: “Day ‘N’ Nite Martin Jensen Edit” – Stefy De Cicco, Ben Hamilton, Martin Jensen; stream now]

There was no sign of intimidation as Jensen made the switch to DJing, even if it wasn’t easy at first. Previously a lighting engineer and designer, he already had experience working with music, clubs, and festivals. His work experience prepared him for the scene, which helped him adapt with no sweat.

Over a decade later, he continues to release hits after hits. “Solo Dance” has more than 500 million Spotify streams, which shot him to fame in 2016 and earned him multi-platinum certifications in over 14 countries. 

When working on a new release, the process varies day to day. Jensen explained: “If I’m working on a collab instead of a solo release, it involves different points and styles that need to be navigated.” He could be in the studio with an artist or vocalist, whose tone he would go off in the early stage of the process. Or, he could be in the middle of a jamming session, where he would build on an inspiring jump-off point. Other times, he draws inspiration from his loved ones as well as the places he travels to.

“In any case,” he emphasized. “Originality is always the most important thing.”

He has teamed up with well-known acts, including The Vamps, James Arthur, and Loote. His ultimate dream collaboration would be with Taylor swift, who he greatly admires for her craft and work ethic. 

Jensen holds over 1 billions Spotify streams and has appeared on the DJ Mag “Top 100” list for three years in a row. He has performed in numerous clubs and festivals, notably Tomorrowland, Lollapalooza, SW4, and Ministry of Sound. Recently, he wrapped up his tour with Lost Kings in the U.S., which de described to be so much fun.

“We played tons of shows from big cities to more intimate gigs and traveled around the U.S. in an RV,” he mentioned. “So it was crazy to see much beautiful nature and drive cross-country.”

As for the fans, he enjoyed and appreciated the energy they brought to the shows.

With the release of his latest single “Day ‘N’ Nite”, he also dropped new merch called “World Collection” (shop now) to kick off the year. His fans can expect new music from him to be released this year.

Stay in the loop with Martin Jensen on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Celina Aquino

Illinois State '21

Celina Aquino is a senior studying finance and accounting at Illinois State University. She's a campus correspondent for the university's chapter as well as a national writer. Things that make her the happiest include groutfits and matcha. Check out "Style on the Move" on @hercampusstyle.
Contributor account for Illinois State