This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Linh Phu, sophomore biology major and chemistry minor from Wheaton, Illinois does it all.  Not only is she involved in numerous clubs here on campus, but she also carries 17 credit hours and holds a job at Milner library. She was even named the Association of Residence Halls Student of the Year! Linh is superwoman when it comes to leadership on campus.

HC: What clubs and activities are you involved in on campus?
Linh: I like to be really involved here on campus. This year, I am in 4 clubs and on the executive board for the Association of Residence Halls. I was named the Association of Residence Halls 2010/2011’s student of the year. I am a member of the Admissions Crew, where I volunteer to give tours around campus to prospective and transfer students. I am also actively involved in the Student Alumni Council, Pre-Student Osteopathic Medical Association and former president of for East Campus Unity, which is a diversity awareness organization. I also work about 10 hours a week at Milner library. I plan on staying actively involved around campus until I graduate in 2013.

HC: How did you decide to work at Milner?
Linh: I applied at the ISU website, and that’s how I got the job. It is a convenient place to work since I live in Hewett, so it’s a short walk. They are flexible with my schedule, which is great because they work around my classes and it doesn’t interfere with my studies.

HC: What kind of volunteer work do you do?
Linh: Recently, through one of my organizations, I volunteered at the Midwest food bank in Bloomington. I also volunteer to give campus tours as a part of the admissions crew.

HC: How important are grades to you?
Linh: I know the classes that I have to take, and I have to use great time management. I am currently taking 17 credit hours, so along with the clubs I am involved in and working at Milner, I have to make time every day to fit it all in.

HC: What do you enjoy doing during the little free time that you have?
Linh: I like to hang out with my friends in their apartments on campus, watch movies and go on random excursions around campus with my friends. And of course, I like to Facebook just like every other college student.

HC: How do you balance everything that you having going on every day?
Linh: Schedule keeps me sane. Ditching class is never an option for me, and I always go to meetings and work, so sometimes it feels like I never sleep.

HC: How would your friends describe you?
Linh: My friends probably think I am crazy to take on everything that I am involved in, but they have known me for a while so they think that being this busy is just what I normally do.

HC: What would you like to be doing with a biology degree after you graduate, and can you see any of the organizations that you are involved in or the leadership positions you have held helping you in your future endeavors?
Linh: My ultimate goal is to go to med school, either at UIC or Midwestern University. Then, I want to become a D.O. in osteopathic medicine. I am a part of the Pre-Student Osteopathic Medical Association, which is preparing me for a future in the medical field.

Linh wants to encourage every student to get involved around campus. She is proof that being so involved and balancing a job and class can be done!

Megan Maginity

Illinois State

Megan is a sophomore Journalism major at Illinois State University, with a minor in Creative Writing. She balances her time between class, her sorority- Gamma Phi Beta, and writing for the college newspaper- The Daily Vidette. When she’s not busy, Meg likes to shop for the best sales, rollerblade, hang out with friends or watch reruns of Sex and The City. Becoming a campus correspondent/editor-in-chief was a great accomplishment for her because she is an aspiring writer, hoping to take on the world of mass media after graduation in 2013.