A Letter to the Girl Who Thinks This is the End – It’s Not

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

This is a letter for the girl who is struggling. The girl that just can’t seem to do anything right. The girl that feels like her world is crumbling down. This is a letter for the girl who wants to break down and give up.

Don’t do it. Don’t give up.

You are stronger than you’ll ever think. You offer more to this world than you’ll ever know. But what is more important – you have more to offer to yourself than what you’re giving.

This is a letter for the girl that feels she is suffocating. For the girl that feels like she is drowning and cannot swim up to the top.

You can, and you will.

This is only temporary.

You deserve to have a breath of fresh air. You deserve to take a step back from life and clear your mind. You deserve that midnight run for ice cream even though you might want to lose 5 pounds.

This is a letter for the girl that feels alone. That feels her support system has diminished and she has no one to go to. This is for the girl that is tired of leaning on herself for support all of the time.  

You are not alone.

Yes. Just when it seems like nothing else could go wrong, it does. But that’s okay. It’s life.

You have people to go to, but you have to accept that. You cannot shut people out. You might not want to talk about your problems, but you need to talk about them to someone.

Yes, you are beyond strong.

No, it’s not okay to hold in your feelings and let them build up. It’s okay to shed a tear. It’s okay to accept that not everything is okay. It’s simply okay, and you are going to be okay, I promise.

This is a letter to the girl who is growing through pain. The girl becoming stronger by the day. The girl who is slowly growing as her world is crumbling. The girl who feels like everything is coming to an end, but it’s only the beginning. The girl who is going to be okay. This is a letter to the girl who is going to make it. This is a letter to myself.  

Mallory Lovings

Illinois State

I am a firm believer that mac n' cheese was put on this earth in honor of me.
Contributor account for Illinois State