Let’s Talk About Architectural Digest: My Top 3 Open Door Celebrity House Tours

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

The world of architecture and home decor is a vast and comforting place where so much beauty and personality can be displayed. Some of my favorite comfort videos to watch are Architectural Digest Celebrity Open Door house tours, which can be viewed on the Architectural Digest YouTube channel or on the Architectural Digest website. The beautiful and very expensive-looking homes are fascinating and extremely entertaining to tour virtually. With that being said, here are my three favorite houses from the Architectural Digest Open Door house tour series:

Kendall Jenner

Kendall Jenner’s house tour gives off such beautiful and personable energy. A few of my favorite parts about this house are the inside architecture layout, the number of windows in the space, the breathtaking kitchen and the very unique art studio dedicated to her hobby that also acts as a form of therapy. This cozy home feels more laid back compared to other celebrity home tours, which makes the tour super chill and comfy.

Jessica Alba

I’m a huge fan of incorporating dark and cool tones into homes, and Jessica Alba does a beautiful job of adding these aspects without making the house look too cold. The exterior of this house is absolutely gorgeous and unique, because of the darker color used. When looking at celebrity homes, sometimes the extreme amount of expensive touches tends to overpower the individuality of the home itself. In this case, the home still looks expensive and luxurious in a personable and unique sense. The rooms I enjoyed touring most in this home were the living room and the kitchen. I loved seeing the French style that is incorporated in both rooms and the dark cabinets in the kitchen are a personal fave of mine.

galentine\'s day party
Krista Stucchio
Jesse Tyler Ferguson

I love this house. Jesse Tyler Ferguson has another tour of his New York apartment on the Open Door series, which is also absolutely beautiful. This lovely home has so many touches that make it great. Some of my favorites have to be the peekaboo door and the balconies. The integrity of some aspects of the house seems to be kept which is great to see as well. My favorite rooms in the house are the hidden office and the library. I really like the use of dark colors and dark woods in this home, mostly because of the way that these aspects of the home are incorporated tastefully. The way that the patterns and colors of this house go together is seamless and so alluring.

Whether you want decorative home inspo or a new video series to binge, Architectural Digest has you covered with these fantastic home tours. After you watch, you could hop on Pinterest and venture out into even more home decor and architecture content. Happy watching!

Jillian Groot

Illinois State '24

My name is Jillian Groot and I am a senior English education major with an Italian studies minor at Illinois State University.