This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Kristi’s bubbly personality and radiating smile has the ability to lighten up anyone’s day. Kristi brings positivity and encouragement everywhere she goes. She is a hard working girl that never misses out on an opportunity that allows her to give back to others. When she’s not busy with her involvement through ISU and Greek life, chances are she’s meeting new people and finding more ways to make her senior year the best it can be.

Name: Kristi Kroll

Year in School: Senior

Major: Psychology

Hometown: Elgin, IL

Favorite Food: Pizza, every and any kind

Favorite TV Show: Shameless!!

HC: What made you want to come to Illinois State?

KK: I chose Illinois State because it was the perfect distance from where I live and it had a great program for my major. I have always been very passionate about wanting to pursue a degree in psychology and knew I could accomplish that here.

HC: Who would you consider your role model in life?

KK: Definitely my mom. She’s the best. She is always there for me and does everything to make sure I’m living a happy life.

HC: What are you involved in at ISU?  

KK: I’m involved in Greek life and am a proud member of my sorority, Delta Zeta. I hold some fun chair positions like Sisterhood and Membership Development facilitator. I love planning fun events that will bring everyone together. I’m also in the Student Psychology Association here, as well as the publicist for Psi Chi International Honors Society for Psychology. Lastly, I’m in Alternative Break in which this winter I’m doing an international trip to Costa Rica! I can’t wait.

HC: What is your favorite part about being involved in Greek life?

KK: I absolutely love meeting new people which is something that Greek life is all about. It’s awesome how we can all come together and be a little community. I also love that it has taught me how to be a leader. I treasure the connections I have made being in the Greek community, especially when I had the opportunity to be a Rho Gamma and a Panhellenic Delegate!  

HC: Tell us a little bit about the alternative winter break trip you will be going on.

KK: I will be going on a two week trip to San Miguel de Sarapiqui, Costa Rica with a group of ISU students. Our main activity will be working in the schools there with the children. We will all be staying with a host family and will have the opportunity to learn and interact with the people and culture there, as well as get to experience the beautiful sites.

HC: What is a fun fact about yourself that not many people know?

KK: A fun fact would be that I can say the alphabet backwards… but at a really fast rate haha.

HC: Being a senior, what will you miss most about ISU?

KK: As a senior, I will miss the atmosphere the most here at ISU. This place has provided me with the opportunity to meet the most genuine people, as well as making me push myself academically. This place has been my home and family for the last four years, I will miss it tremendously.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

KK: My plans for the future are to go to graduate school and get my masters and Ph.D. in psychology, so I can do research and hopefully be a motivational coach someday! 

Thanks for being a great role model and encouraging others to get involved, Kristi! 

Ashleigh Lalla

Illinois State '18

.
Contributor account for Illinois State