Kelly Jordan ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

For anyone who knows Kelly, you know that she is full of a spirit that brightens campus. Since I met Kelly I have been inspired to be a more kind, optimistic, and loving person. She is every bit beautiful as she is smart and there is nothing that this woman can’t do. It’s people like her that will make the world a better place and accomplish something amazing long after her years at ISU are sadly over (please never leave!!!). Get to know Kelly a little bit more right here in this exclusive interview! It’s no wonder why we adore her. 

Name: Kelly Jordan

Age: 21

Year in School: Senior

Major/Minor: Accounting (BS/MPA)

Hometown: Naperville

Relationship Status: Single

Fun Fact: I have 50 first cousins.

Chipotle Order: Chicken burrito bowl with guac

HC ISU: Where can we find you on a Friday night on campus?

Catwalk at Fat Jacks or dance floor of Drifters.

HC ISU: How has being involved with the Honors Program impacted your time at Illinois State, from being a part of the Honors Alternative Spring Break trips and working in their office?

I have absolutely loved being apart of the Honors Program. It makes a pretty big campus feel so much more manageable. I had smaller classes with more people I recognized and I was able to interact with the teachers on a daily basis.

Being able to work at Honors and then go on two Honors ASB trips made me feel even more apart of the community. Just thinking about my Livin’ Lime bus could make me cry tears of joy. To spend a week with people who started out as complete strangers and leave feeling like we made a significant impact together was incredible.

HC ISU: If you could have only three things with you on a deserted island, what would they be and why?

Can I have a helicopter, pilot, and enough fuel to get back to home so I don’t have to be stuck on a deserted island anymore?

HC ISU: Would you rather eat only one thing for the rest of your life, or, never eat the same thing twice?

I think I could eat tacos everyday for the rest of my life and not be mad about it.

HC ISU: Where do you envision yourself in 10 years?

This question is so hard because I don’t know what I want to do in 10 minutes. All I know for sure is, I want to travel the world and I hope to have a career that allows me to do that. As an accounting major, I have the opportunity to work within a variety of companies. I’m working on narrowing down where I’d want to be, but for now I am content with a little mystery.

HC ISU: You traveled to Iceland recently, can you tell us about your favorite experience on the trip?

Everything. It was all amazing and beautiful. I loved how different it was. After only a 6-hour plane ride, I was transported to what felt like a different world. The people were so kind, the largest city still so small, and there were so many natural wonders that you don’t see exploring within the US. I never would have thought that I could be entertained by looking at 10 different waterfalls, but each one was more amazing then the last. If you ever find yourself in Iceland, make sure to check out the hidden waterfall, Kvernufoss, it was my favorite.

HC ISU: What’s your biggest pet peeve? Biggest fear?

Slow walkers are the worst. My biggest fear is being stuck and not able to see the world. I want to go everywhere.

HC ISU: We know that you’re very involved in the College of Business. What would you say is the best part of being in a business fraternity?

Being part of AKPsi burst me out of my shell. From when I rushed, freshman year, I was surrounded by people that pushed me to be the best me possible and didn’t let me settle for any less. It gave me the opportunity to be a leader, learn from great leaders before me, got me in the door for two of my internships, and introduced me to some of my best friends.

Plus, when you’re forced to study at the COB until 2 am, its nice to have some brothers to study with until you get distracted and run to Steak ‘n Shake for a midnight snack.

HC ISU: Cats or dogs?

Not cats.

HC ISU: If a movie were being made about your life, whom would you want to play you?

Anna Kendrick

Thanks so much to Kelly for sharing so much with HC ISU! We hope that your spring semester is successful and fun as ever. HCXO!

Katie Sall

Illinois State