Ke$ha’s New T.V. Show: My Crazy Beautiful Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

On April 23rd at 11:00 p.m. MTV will give viewers a first glimpse into the last two years of Ke$ha’s glittery, theatrical, crazy life. The show titled My Crazy Beautiful Life is a documentary with footage filmed by Ke$ha’s brother, Lagan Sebert. “Not all glamorous, but it’s all real,” the singer said about her show.

The trailer features clips of Ke$ha off stage and out of the media. The trailer also reveals a true Ke$ha fan who, in tears, explains how grateful he is for her. He said she helped him get through difficult times, similar to those that the singer dealt with. Her influence on him is a part of My Crazy Beautiful Life. 

Viewers also get a peek into another Ke$ha moment.  “I know falling in love is dangerous, but it is what most great songs are written about,” she said. We will finally find out about her first love, the mysterious “Harold” from her song, “Harold Song.”

This show will document Ke$ha’s life after her hit album Animal debuted in 2010 and eventually went platinum.  Throughout the series she strives to meet the same expectations due to the success of her previous album.  Ke$ha’s single from Animal was the most played song in 2010 and the biggest-selling digital track in the world. Since then, she has had three number one singles, six consecutive Top-10 hits, and has been nominated for six Billboard awards and four VMA’s.

My Crazy Beautiful Life should create plenty of hype about the singer and just in time for her summer North American tour, with rapper Pitbull. She will perform songs from her latest album, Warrior. Ke$ha’s show will be all about her life and sharing her main life message:  ignore haters and just be yourself.

You can watch the official trailer here: http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/892742/keha-my-crazy-beautiful-life-trailer.jhtml