Katie Kaywood ‘15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Meet one of the most beautiful people I have ever met…on the inside and out! It is such a privilege and blessing having her as one of my best friends, and pretty much everyone who knows her feels the exact same way. She is willing to drop anything for the important people in her life and this small town girl with a big heart is fun, ambitious, and can brighten anyone’s day. Confident, classy, and caring-watch out world, this girl is coming for you! Fellas, she’s the girl you want to bring home to Mama, and I’m willing to bet she won’t be available for long! 

Age: 21

Major: Interior and Environmental Design

Year: Senior

Hometown: Monmouth, IL

Relationship Status: Single

Favorite Food: Cheesy Potatoes 

Boxers or Briefs: Briefs

Salty or Sweet: Salty 

Where can we find you late Saturday night? Usually ending up at Elroys and then back to my apartment with Papa Johns or pizza rolls

Go To Fast Food Place: Taco Bell

Celebrity Crush: Eric Decker 

Her Campus ISU: Being a small town girl, what was the hardest thing about transitioning to a big school like ISU? 

Katie Kaywood: Finding my way around and putting myself out there to meet new people, because I didn’t know a sole. Zeta helped a lot with this process. 

HC ISU: What are you involved in on campus?KK: Zeta Tau Alpha and IIDA- International Interior Design Association, volleyball intermural- N.O.T.O.R.I.O.U.S Digs

HC ISU: What are your plans after graduation? 5 years from now?KK: Probably move to Chicago to get started and then out of Illinois! I want to go South- I love that Southern Hospitality, hopefully find me a Southern gentlemen! 

HC ISU: Do you have a bucket list? What’s on it?KK: Kind of. Travel the world- Ireland and Australia are two places I really want to go to. I also want to go skydiving and have my own lake house. 

HC ISU: How would you classify your style?KK: Sweatpants…haha totally kidding. Comfy-cute.  I enjoy getting dolled up just as much as I like wearing a baseball hat and jeans. 

HC ISU: What’s your biggest pet peeve?KK: Gum chompers, and people who talk only about themselves too much. 

HC ISU: What do you look for in a guy?KK: A good personality, someone who can make me laugh. I also look for a good smile and someone who is athletic or active and will do things outdoors with me.

HC ISU: Tell us something not many people know about you.KK: I drink probably 2 Mountain Dews a day and eat cheese on a fairly regular basis. I’m also extremely competitive. 

HC ISU: What is the first attribute you look for when you’re first meeting a guy?KK: His smile. 

HC ISU: Biggest turn off? (Deal breaker)KK: A guy with no personality, or no drive to go somewhere in life. I like ambition and someone to keep me on my toes. 

HC ISU: Biggest turn on? (Marry me)KK: A guy who isn’t afraid to ask me to dance…and not necessarily in the grinding way. Also someone who actually wants to take me on a real date. Get to know me face to face. 

HC ISU: Coolest date you’ve been on? 

KK: It was a midnight boat ride! Afterwards there was a bonfire. It was really fun. Roasting marshmallows and eating s’mores. It was perfect. 

HC ISU: Worst date you’ve been on

KK: I haven’t really dated anyone who wasn’t my boyfriend so I can’t really say I’ve been on a bad date because it’s always just been me and my boyfriend going out…step it up boys.

HC ISU: Ideal Date? 

KK: Something that kept us on our feet, kept us active. I’ve never really thought about it. I’m not really one of those sappy, romance, walk down the beach kind of people. I’d be more like let’s play volleyball on the beach! Something competitive. Spontaneous. Something that would make us both laugh and be fun for both of us. 

Katy Winge

Illinois State

Student at Illinois State University. Member of the Women's Basketball Team. Historian for Zeta Tau Alpha- Eta Phi Chapter. From Minnetonka, MN.
Celina Porretta

Illinois State