This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Name: Joey Garapolo

Age: 22

Major: Business Administration

Relationship status: Single

Hometown: Libertyville, IL

Hobbies: Hanging out with his goalie partner David, playing with dogs, and playing roller hockey. 

Role model: Carey Price

Her Campus Illinois State: When did you start playing hockey and what made you decide to stick with it?

Joey Garapolo: I began playing hockey when I was 6 years old and started as goalie when I was 7.  The honest reason why I decided to stick with it is because I was bad at every other sport I played. 

HC ISU: What is one of your biggest accomplishments?

JG: One of my biggest accomplishments would have to be ending my youth hockey career with two shutouts in the state tournament.

HC ISU: What is your favorite memory with your team or with hockey in general?

JG: I’d have to say my favorite hockey memory would be playing in the Quebec peewee tournament way back when I was 12.  We got to stay in this huge castle hotel and play in the old Nordiques rink so that was really cool.

HC ISU: Do you want to pursue hockey in the future? If so, how?

JG: I don’t want to continue playing after I graduate, but I would love to become either a sports agent or a scout for a professional team.  I love hockey too much to remove myself from it entirely, so if I could still stay engaged in some way that would be awesome! 

Alyssa Damato

Illinois State

Junior at Illinois State University. The Chicago Cubs are life. I like sports and stuff.
Contributor account for Illinois State