This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Have you ever conducted an interview while playing Mario Kart? Well when you get to know someone like Jeff (who also just happens to be a stand-up comedian), nothing is taken seriously unless it’s walking all of the way from Downtown Bloomington to Uptown Normal just for DP Dough. I have only known Jeff for about two weeks but he has already called me ugly over a thousand times and I have already kicked him out of an Uber… I can sense a year full of shenanigans already. So behold, the most confusing, boring, yet amusing interview I’ve ever done.

Name: Jeffery Brumfield (but we don’t call him by his government name… so it’s just Jeff)

Year/Major: Senior Engineering Technology

Hometown: Townie (BloNo)

Favorite Food: Red beans and rice with smoked sausage and corn bread.

Biggest Disappointment: He joined the ISU fencing team during Festival ISU and they never contacted him back.

Her Campus Illinois State: What makes you, you?

Jeff Brumfield: What makes me, me? Huh… Um… Wow… This is not something I’ve ever had to um… let me think… next question.

HCISU: What makes you special enough to do stand-up?

JB: Um… confidence. Confidence. Everybody wants it, not everyone has it.

HCISU: Is that all you have to say to that?

JB: And… it’s half-way confidence and halfway delusion that I’m the coolest.

HCISU: If I said tell me a joke right now, what would you say?

JB: I would say… my chase bank account. No wait don’t put that… I would say… No never mind you can just put that.

HCISU: How did you get into stand-up?

JB: I started doing it in town a couple of summers ago by just doing open-mics. I just started doing that and it just hasn’t stopped since.

For those of you that know Jeff, know that this interview is 100% accurate. For those of you that don’t know him, make an attempt to meet him before he graduates. You can find him at the Pub, Downtown, but more commonly… at DP Dough (or walking to DP Dough).

Mallory Lovings

Illinois State

I am a firm believer that mac n' cheese was put on this earth in honor of me.
Contributor account for Illinois State