This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

There are many hidden (and not-so-hidden) places around campus that are totally insta-worthy. Here are the top picks: 

Fell Hall bathroom, first floor

My all-time fav selfie spot is in the Fell Hall bathroom! There is a window with a wide ledge directly across from the mirror that you can sit on for an effortlessly ‘too cool for school’ look. I also love that this placement is around the corner from the door, so there is no awkward, accidental photo-bombs. This prime spot has made me late to class more times than I’d prefer to say…

Photo Credit: @hi_its_tess

The Quad

Three words: Best. Lighting. Ever. If the sun is too harsh, you can duck under a tree, and if you’re wandering at night (but not alone of course, because we are smart) just go by a light pole for an instant spotlight. 

Photo Credit: @happyhoyt

Photo Credit: @nicole_marie_27

Photo Credit: @tguerrero10

The Bridge

Probably the most popular spot for graduation photos on campus, the bridge is a classic ISU staple. Basic as it seems, I’ve seen a lot of different approaches to the Bridge Pic. The only advice–well, warning–I will give for Bridge Pics is STAY OUT OF THE STREET! I have seen people posing in the middle of College Ave. just to catch the Bridge in the background. Make sure you actually get to the graduation alive. 

Photo Credit: @v3llii

Photo Credit: @snovakphotography

‘The Wall’

Uptown is home to a few great selfie spots, but none so celebrated as The Wall. The colors are so vibrant and fun, making it the perfect pick-me-up for your feed.

Photo Credit: @allieenowak

Photo Credit: @s4ella1

Milner Library

When I realized that Milner had full-body mirrors in every bathroom I was SHOOK. The only downer is the “automatic door” signs on the door because it’s right behind the mirror and I find it ugly and distracting in pictures, so make sure you either angle away from it or add Snapchat stickers so we focus on you! I happen to have photo evidence of my initial full-body mirror discovery and I promise I was much more excited than I look…

Bookshelves also make an adorable backdrop for your pics!

Photo Credit: @juliaxcarranza

Reggie Statue

Another classic, the courtyard behind Fell Hall has a very pleasing aesthetic. Surrounded by brick, Reggie stands tall and proud. There is even a large bench, ideal for High School Musical-style celebration jumps!

Photo Credit: @adaleenichols

Photo Credit: @riddellmia

Now, it’s your turn! Go out and try these spots, or find new ones. DM our instagram, @hercampusisu with your pics for a chance to be featured, and thanks to all the beauties featured above!

Tessa Konzal

Illinois State '20

Hi everyone! My name is Tessa Konzal and I am a Junior PR major at Illinois State and a transfer student that never looked back. Being a part of Her Campus has given me the opportunity to share my passion. I believe that it is more important than ever for women to band together and support one another, so feel free to reach out to me on social media!
Contributor account for Illinois State