ISU Hockey HerCampus Game Night Ticket Giveaway

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

On Thursday, October 24th Illinois State University’s hockey team is going head to head with Fighting Illini at the U.S. Cellular Coliseum. The doors of the Coliseum open at 6 p.m. and the Redbirds hit the ice at 7 p.m. Tickets can be purchased on the day of at the Coliseum. Tickets are $4 for students and $8 for adults. This is a big night for our Redbirds, not only are they playing their hockey rivals, but they will also be hosting their 1st Teddy Bear Toss for the non-for profit Toys for Tots, Greek Night, and HerCampus ISU Night!

Fans attending Thursday night’s game are encouraged to bring a teddy bear to donate. Directly after the Redbird’s score their first goal everyone is to throw their teddy bears on the ice. All of the teddy bears will be collected and donated to Toys for Tots. Also, make sure you look out for your favorite HerCampus ISU writers who will be attending the game, as well!

“The team hopes to make this event a well-known tradition that grows bigger and bigger each year” said ISU Hockey President, Jordan Leach. A Teddy Bear Toss trophy will be awarded to the group that donates the most toys. The hockey team will also be accepting regular toys at the entrance, but only plush toys will be allowed to be tossed onto the ice.

My fellow Redbirds we are in for a great night. So grab your teddy bears and head out to the U.S. Cellular Coliseum to cheer on your favorite hockey team while helping a great cause!

FIVE lucky winners will win THREE tickets each.

For a chance to be entered to win share the giveaway PICTURE on our Facebook page and also “like” our HerCampus Illinois State Facebook page and the OFFICIAL Illinois State Hockey team page in order to be entered to win free tickets to Thursday’s game!