brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Have you ever taken a bomb instagram picture and not known when to post it? You obviously want the most people possible to see it and like it but when is that time? Worry no longer friends, I have the solution for you. 

It’s actually really simple to figure out when the perfect time for you to post is. To do this though, your instagram account does have to switched from a personal account to a professional account. To learn how to do this, keep reading. If you already have a professional account, skip towards the end of the article. 

Personal -> Professional 

To switch your instagram from a personal account to a professional account here are the steps you are going to follow: 

1) Open instagram 

2) Go to settings 

a) Account 

b) Switch to Professional Account (In blue at the bottom) 

3) Choose between Creator or Business (personally I chose creator) 

4) Select a Category (I chose Journalist because that’s what I want to be when I get a job) 

5) Connect your Facebook page (not necessary but makes things easier for management) 

6) Review contact info 

7) Choose what you want your profile to display 

8) Done! 

So now that we all have our professional profiles, we can get into when the best time of the day for you to post your picture is. 

How to figure out the best time of the day to post on Instagram 

To do this, follow the steps below: 

1) Open Instagram 

2) Click the three bars on the top right corner of your profile 

3) Click on Insights (third option down) 

4) Go to the Audience tab 

5) Scroll down to the bottom of the page where it says followers 

6) Tap the arrow to switch between days (if you want to post on Monday switch to Monday) 

7) Tap on the blue bars (they should display numbers on top of the bars) 

8) Whichever number is higher that equals the time your instagram followers are more active, so that’s when you’d want to post!) 

That’s all to it friends! Hopefully now you know when the perfect time for you to post on Instagram is!

Sarah Baran

Illinois State '22

Hi!! My name is Sarah and I'm a senior at Illinois State. I am currently majoring in Journalism with a minor in Criminal Justice! I love HerCampus because it gives me the opportunity to write whatever I want. I've never really had this chance before so it's really amazing to get to experience. If you want to see more about my life, follow me on Twitter and Instagram! @sarahs524
Contributor account for Illinois State