This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Finals week is coming up; that means overnight stays at Milner library, stress eating, and several mental breakdowns will be occurring throughout the ISU campus. Although staying up all night to study may seem like it will get you to that A, it might actually cause the opposite effect from putting too much stress on yourself. In order to keep yourself from going crazy, you need to reward yourself once in a while, or as often as you deserve it.

You may have your study breaks planned out or your favorite snacks set to the side, but here is a list of rewards that will push you even harder to get to that well-deserved study break.

On for a few hours, off for a few hours. After late night study sessions and early final exam times, nothing will get you feeling refreshed like a nap. Turn all the lights off in your room, set an alarm and be committed to getting up and staying productive after your nap.

Go get breakfast. Treat yourself to the most favored meal of the day at any time of the day. Some warm chocolate chip pancakes and crispy bacon will give you energy and immediately put you in a good mood to attack the rest of your finals week. 

Online shop. No matter if it’s a pair of shoes, dress or jewelry, you deserve to online shop after the endless studying and exam taking. Even if you don’t end up buying anything, you will get a little taste of retail therapy.

Watch an episode of your favorite Netflix show. When I think of Netflix, I think of my bed and a hot cup of tea. Although you may not have several hours to binge watch a season of House, you can give yourself a 30 minute breather from stress.

Go get a holiday themed drink. Remember that at the end of all of the strenuous studying, you will be on your way home to celebrate the holiday break. A great reminder that will get you motivated is to get a peppermint mocha from Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts and bask in the holiday spirit.

Get your nails done. Set up a nail appointment right after your last final exam. Along with a holiday drink, this will keep you motivated to keep studying and finish strong with those last finals. On top of going home for break feeling confident with you grades, you can have freshly painted nails.

Contributor account for Illinois State