This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

How To: Properly Darty

We have learned several things while being in college. This includes living off as little sleep as possible and having a diet consisting of whatever fast-food is closest (and whatever caffeine is cheapest). We have learned how to do the least amount of work possible and pull all-nighters. By now it seems like we have this whole college thing figured out. However, maybe not all of us have learned one thing: how to properly darty. “Darty” or another term for day drinking is back in season since the weather is finally starting to get warm. We have waited all winter for this, and the time is finally here. However, since tailgating season has been over, we may have lost our ability to darty properly… but don’t fret! I’m here to get you back on track and not hugging a toilet all night while your friends are still out.

What To Wear: You want to wear something that is going to be comfortable, but also something you are able to wear all day AND possibly downtown at night. You never know where you are going to end up after the darty festivities, and it probably won’t be your apartment.

What To Drink: Okay, so I know throwing back shot after shot seems like the best idea because it’s all you do at night, but this is going to send you home real quick. The best thing to drink while day drinking is something that you can sip on casually throughout the day such as beer or a mixed drink. However, a few shots throughout the day isn’t going to kill you. You just have to know when to stop or they’re going to put an end to your day.

Eating: YES! Just do it… you’ll love yourself for it later.

Napping: This is a touchy subject because as most of us know, you might be down for the count after taking one. There is a fine line between getting the perfect amount of sleep and nursing a hangover. If you need to take a nap, make it short and make sure you set an alarm so you can rally on!

Most of all have fun and be safe.

Grace Masching

Illinois State

Contributor account for Illinois State