How To: Inspirational Messages

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Looking for something to spruce up your apartment or dorm room a bit? These adorable inspirational messages are so easy to do (AAAND they’re cheap to make). You can set them out on your desk or hang them on your walls. This is great for a nice boost of self esteem. When you’re on a college budget, you can’t buy many cute decorations.

All you’ll need is:
old magazines / old books
spray paint or paint
vinyl letters
canvas

Step 1:
Rip up pieces from the magazine or book and glue them onto your canvas in no particular design.

Step 2:
Place the letters on your canvas and paint over everything.

Step 3:
Pull off the letters.

Step 4 (optional):
Mod podge the entire canvas to give your decoration a finished look.

Source:
http://southernbellesoulmountainbrideheart.blogspot.co.nz/2012/06/quotes…

Megan Maginity

Illinois State

Megan is a sophomore Journalism major at Illinois State University, with a minor in Creative Writing. She balances her time between class, her sorority- Gamma Phi Beta, and writing for the college newspaper- The Daily Vidette. When she’s not busy, Meg likes to shop for the best sales, rollerblade, hang out with friends or watch reruns of Sex and The City. Becoming a campus correspondent/editor-in-chief was a great accomplishment for her because she is an aspiring writer, hoping to take on the world of mass media after graduation in 2013.