How to Get in the Redbird Spirit for ISU’s Homecoming!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

It’s that time of the year again! It’s officially homecoming week at ISU. Whether this is your first or last time celebrating an ISU homecoming, why not make it a great one?! Here are 5 ways to get in the redbird spirit:

1. Purchase tons of ISU gear

This is the one time of the year you won’t feel guilty about splurging on ISU apparel! Homecoming itself is a blast, but one of the best parts is being decked out in your school colors the whole weekend. Start planning your outfit by checking out the variety of ISU apparel shops on campus. Face tattoos, beads, and jerseys are a must! If you’re on a tight budget, don’t worry. Nothing is cuter than a flannel paired with your favorite ISU t-shirt!  

2. Attend the Parade

Did you know ISU hosts a parade to kick off the homecoming festivities? This is a perfect way to squad up with your friends in the morning before making your way over to your tailgating spot! The parade starts at 10 a.m. Saturday at the corner of College Ave and University Street.

3. Tailgate!

Let’s be real – tailgating is the main reason we all get so excited for Homecoming. What’s better than spending the day eating barbeque and listening to music with your all of your friends? The lots open up at 7 a.m., so get your beauty sleep the night before!

4. The Football Game

Woohoo! Everyone loves game day. The kick off will begin at 2 p.m. at Hancock Stadium. Make sure you have your ticket purchased and ready to go. Let’s be supportive redbirds and cheer on our football players as they face YoungsTown State!

5. Party!

Win or lose, we still have fun! Homecoming is one of the best days of the year at ISU. Socialize, party, and have a good time! This is a great day to meet people, attend events and be redbird proud. Stop by every house you see and make friends with everyone you meet. You only have four years here, so make the best of it.

We hope everyone has a safe and fun homecoming! Go Redbirds! 

Ashleigh Lalla

Illinois State '18

.
Contributor account for Illinois State