How to Freshen Up FAST After a Workout

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

As college students, our days are jam packed with stress. We excel in making sure that we’ve barely got time to breathe on the weekdays. We go from the tanning salon, to class, to the gym, to an advising meeting, and back to class. No one has time to stop at home and take a full shower before going on with the rest of their plans for the day… but at the same time no one wants to feel smelly and grimy the rest of the day. I go through this routine almost every single day and here’s how I finish the day with confidence and NOT with a disgusting body odor.

ALWAYS CARRY DEODORANT!!!!!!

I am a HUGE fitness junkie so my gym sessions end in pools of sweat. Sweat most definitely does not have a pleasant smell…  so always carry your favorite deodorant in your back pack!!

Keep hair accessories on hand!

After wearing my hair in a ponytail for a long amount of time, it always gets that funky crease, not to mention it is plastered in sweat. Make sure to carry hats, headbands, bobby pins, hair ties, and everything in between.

Extra clothes!!

Unless you don’t sweat as much as I do during a workout, remember to bring a change of clothes. You don’t want to sit in class in clothes that are grimy and itchy!!

Don’t forget the cosmetics!

I most definitely do NOT have that natural glow, especially after a workout, so I keep a small cosmetic bag in my back pack. This doesn’t have to be a $50 palette from Sephora. I carry a mascara, setting powder, and an eyebrow filler. Simple as that!

Bring an extra toothbrush and toothpaste! 

After drinking pre-workout, BCAA’s, and a protein shake, my breath turns into a weird mixture of supplements and artificial flavors. Trust me you’ll feel a million times better with fresh breath!

So, the next time you’re setting your alarm for 8 a.m. and you’re stressed for the upcoming day, just remember these things before you leave the house. Looking good means feeling confident, and feeling confident means being more productive! ​

SaveSave

Hello there! I am currently a sophomore at Illinois State studying fashion merchandising and design!  You'll see me writing about fitness, fashion, sororities, cats, dance, or anything involving sarcasm!! :P 
Contributor account for Illinois State