This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Without a doubt, the best part of spring semester is day drinking. Darties (day parties) are happening every Saturday and you have to keep up. The best part about day drinking is that you don’t have to race the clock to get all dolled up and go out. You have ALLL DAY. In order to successfully last throughout the darties and fun shenanigans that the rest of the semester has in store for you, make sure you read this tips. You wouldn’t want to miss out on any of the fun!

RULE #1:

Prepare properly.

You definitely have to prepare your body for the insane amounts of alcohol you will be consuming in the day. Make sure you hydrate before you start drinking. Alcohol causes dehydration, so drink a few cups of water before! Another key to lasting throughout the day? You need to eat before. Since day drinking usually starts around noon, grab a bagel from Einstein’s or even a dozen donuts from Dunkin Donuts or Krispy Kreme on Veterans Parkway. Get a few gals together and all bring something for breakfast! This way, you are guaranteed to eat.

RULE #2:

Have a fun pregame.

As I said in rule #1, get the gals together for breakfast. Along with breakfast, you can make mimosas or frapps. Frapps have become kind of my specialty for day drinking. We all love frappachinos from Starbucks, so why not add a little alcohol? Mix a little bit of RumChata with your morning coffe and put it in the blender with ice. If you’re feeling fancy, you can add a little chocolate syrup. Top with whipped cream and enjoy! These frapps are a huge hit and they also make sure you get your daily caffeine buzz.

RULE #3:

Dress the part.

Day drinking isn’t about wearing your new mini skirt and heels; it’s about looking fun and having your party pants on. This means yoga capris or jean shorts – depending on the weather – a snapback hat, those Young America sunglasses we all know we have, and a bro tank. In the beginning of the year, I made sure to stock up on plenty of bro tanks from PINK and even CampusTown (in Uptown Normal). CampusTown has tons of fun neon colors and you can customize them to say whatever you want. They are decently priced as well. Depending on how much writing you want, they shouldn’t be more than $20.

RULE #4:

Create a darty playlist.

This song MUST be on there (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBM_ldeG1Qw), along with lots and lots of country music. Nothing makes it feel like summer like some Luke Bryan and Florida Georgia Line. Oh, and you can’t forget Wagon Wheel! These country songs will keep you pumped up during the day without feeling like you need to dance on guys like you do at the bars.

RULE #5:

Play games!

Beersbee is always a hit for darties since you never get the chance to play it inside. You can also play bags, and obviously have a huge game of flippy cup going. Keg stands are a must and so are beer bongs, so be prepared!

RULE #6:

Designate a grill master.

This was an excellent idea my friends and I had in the beginning of the year. We got a ton of hotdogs and burgers and told people to bring other meat to grill. This way, people remembered to eat food throughout the day. The more food people bring, the easier it is. Don’t be a mooch, pack some food for yourself and share!

RULE #7:

DO NOT CRASH.

This is the most important rule. Once you crash, you’re done for the night. Some people like to take naps while day drinking, but this never works out well for me. If you pace yourself, you won’t need a nap. Also, when I nap, I usually don’t make it out at night and what fun is that?! Taking breaks to eat or rehydrate is very important, but whatever you do – DON’T LET YOURSELF CRASH.

RULE #8:

Let yourself recover.

The day after day drinking is meant for rehydrating, refueling, and sleeping. Pick out a few good movies and don’t leave your couch all day.