This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

The amount of television I have watched on Netflix is unreal, and I probably shouldn’t be bragging about it, buuuuuuuuuuuut I am basically a binge pro. *Does finger guns* I’ve watched 202 45 minute episodes of the “X-Files” in 28 days. I know, it’s truly impressive, but don’t worry because you can get on my level as long as you follow my foolproof guide.

1.Pick a Show

This is honestly the hardest part of the whole process. Picking the right show is important, because you want one that has good longevity. Some shows start great, but turn sour midway through, leaving you with the two worst options – stop watching or continuing watching. To avoid that, research the show and see how websites like Rotten Tomatoes have rated each season.

As you can see “Glee” starts out really strong, but it’s ratings drop almost each season. 

2. Select a chunk of time where you will be uninterrupted.

Ahhh, so this is vital to the process. Binging while school is in session is hard, because why do anything when you can watch an episode of your favorite show? To avoid this, try binging during breaks so you can huddle in your bed for hours and do nothing while being wowed by the drama in your new fav show.

*Cough* Spring break is a PERFECT time to get started *Cough*

3. Make sure you have PLENTY of food and snacks near by.

Staying hydrated and nourished is very important. You will need lots of juice, soda, cookies, candy, chips, and whatever else you can nab from your pantry. You have to take care of your most basic needs before anything else.

4. Choose a minimum number of episodes you will watch each day.

Athletes set times to beat, and you need to set episode numbers to beat. Binging is essentially a marathon. You don’t want to burn out too fast, or start too slow, so set a number of episodes you must watch a day (Or more if it’s getting really juicy). This will give you a guide to finishing the show during the time you have set aside for it.

5. Finally, binge away my loves.

You’ve got everything in order; all there is to do is lay back and get sucked into your favorite fictional world. Now get out there and binge like a pro!

Karys Crandell

Illinois State

Contributor account for Illinois State