This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

It’s getting really cold out and I don’t know about anyone else, but I love to drink hot cocoa. I personally like to change it up a bit and add stuff to it. Here are five different ways to make hot chocolate.

1. Of course, there is the basic way. Make some hot chocolate and just put some marshmallows in it. MINI marshmallows specifically. With the basic way you can still change it up a bit, by using peppermint marshmallows.
  2. Here is a slightly weird way to make hot chocolate, but sometimes I will put creamer in it. And there are tons of different types of creamer too, meaning several different flavors for your hot cocoa. For example: French vanilla, peppermint mocha, etc.
  3. Another way that is kind of basic is peppermint hot chocolate. You can make peppermint hot chocolate many different ways. Examples: candy canes or crushed up peppermints.
  4. You can even make your hot cocoa more chocolatey. You can do this by adding chocolate chips, Hershey kisses, chocolate syrup, Nesquik powder and pieces of other chocolate candy bars.
  5. And finally, honestly my favorite way. Mix all four ways together, I think this way makes the best hot chocolate.

And that’s not all, you can’t forget to top it off with whipped cream and chocolate syrup!

Nastassja Ott

Illinois State '22

Junior at Illinois State University Early Childhood Education Major I love reading, writing, drawing, and coloring in my free time
Contributor account for Illinois State