Hollywood’s Top 5 Power Couples

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

As women, we have the tendency to over think basically every aspect of relationships.  But in my opinion, I think it’s time to pump the brakes on the Taylor Swift mentality and take notes from some of Hollywood’s most prominent couples. Here are a few of my favorite:

1.   Jay-Z (Shawn Corey Carter) and Beyonce Knowles

This “crazy in love” couple has been around for quite some time and officially tied the knot back in 2008.  Although fickleness of commitment while being in the spotlight is a major influence on celebrity relationships, Jay-Z and Beyonce are still going strong.  They truly are a flawless pair with an admirable romance. 

2.   Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner

This stellar duo has created a stable foundation for them by comparing their marriage to what you see on “Mad Men.”  While keeping traditional gender roles in place, they spend time playing their part, keeping up with the little ones, and taking their careers to the next level.  Honestly, what can’t they do?

3.   Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert

Country’s model couple has gained much attention within the past year.  Distance in any relationship is difficult to tackle, especially while being in the lime light on the road.  Miranda keeps her husband in check though saying she “is protective of their private time,” and sometimes she “has to be the bad guy.”  With a little “Gun Powder and Lead” her attitude seems to be doing the trick.

4.   David and Victoria Beckham

The Beckham’s are a no brainer when it comes to the term “power couple.” David says it all with the following statement: “My wife picked me out of a soccer sticker book, and I chose her off the telly … it felt straight away like we’d always been meant to be together.”  If that’s not enough to wish you were in the ex-spice girl’s shoes, I don’t know what is.

5.   Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel

After a 5 year relationship, this pair of Hollywood favorites finally made the leap into marriage this past October.  Although in their years together there was a 3 month break, this couple is proof of the cliché theory that “if it’s meant to be, it will happen.” The two are dedicated to each other, while still working hard for themselves.  (Kudos to JT making a recent comeback in the music world, too!)