photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

Holiday Songs Guaranteed to Put You in the Holiday Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

From old to new, popular to classic, holiday music can lift up anyone’s spirits during the “best time of the year”. Many people can’t wait for the holidays to come around, while others feel overwhelmed or not so much in the mood to celebrate the season. For others, it might not even feel like a festive enough season anymore because of everything going in one’s life. However, Christmas music can be guaranteed to change anyone’s mood from grumpy to happy in a matter of minutes and has just become apart of the culture for years. There are a million different favorite Christmas songs out there, but each one has a feel of warm, comfort that will brighten up the last few weeks of the year. In case anyone needs extra help for the upcoming holiday season, these songs are a must to put on the playlist that will magically make your holidays bright.

“Santa Tell Me” by Ariana Grande

via Google images

“Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree” by Brenda Lee

via Google images

“Last Christmas” by Taylor Swift

via Google images

“Mistletoe” by Justin Bieber

via Google images

“Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” by Michael Bublé 

via Google images

“It’s The Most Wonderful Time of the Year” by Andy Williams

via Google images

“I’ll be Home for Christmas” by Bing Crosby

via Google images

“Do You Hear What I Hear” by Carrie Underwood

via Google images

“Drummer Boy” by Pentatonix

via Google images

& last but not least…

“All I Want for Christmas is You” by Mariah Carey

via Google images

Make sure to start blasting these Christmas jams ASAP to celebrate all of the fun festivities that only happen once a year!

Irena Katherine

Illinois State '20

Hi! I am an editor for Her Campus ISU and I will be graduating from Illinois State University in 2020, majoring in Secondary English Education. I have always loved writing and each time my article is published on HC ISU’s website, I remind myself of how lucky I am to be apart of such an amazing team!
Contributor account for Illinois State