High End Make Up Worth The Money

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

My go to places for purchasing makeup have always been Target or Walmart. I hated spending money on makeup because sometimes you can buy low end products and they will work just as good as high end makeup, but sometimes you need to splurge. After a demonstration at Ulta, I was hooked on a few different products. I’m really frugal, so making these purchases was something I really thought about. (I even went home and checked reviews!) I am so satisfied with these purchases and will definitely buy them again.

(I’ve also asked my HC ISU girls what their favorite products are, so I will include their opinions as well.)

1.     Benefit “Hello Flawless” Powder Foundation ($34)

After trying this powder in the store, I was hooked. I never really used any face makeup because I hate the way it made my face feel so cakey and heavy. This powder is so lightweight and has amazing coverage. I will buy this product over and over again.

2.     Benefit “They’re Real” Mascara ($23)

I have always wanted to try this product ever since it first came out, but never felt like spending the money. My eyelashes are really short and straight, so most mascara does nothing for them. Sephora ended up giving me a free mini tube of this mascara for my birthday and I was obsessed! (You can buy a mini bottle for $10) This mascara gives your eyelashes and amazing length and I would recommend it to everyone.  HC ISU writer Falynn Lannert agrees with me… we both LOVE this mascara!

3.     MAC (All that Glitters) $15.

I am now a firm believer that MAC eye shadow is worth the price. The pigment is awesome and it is super long lasting. This is a perfect neutral color for all eye colors.

4.     MAC Studio Finish SPF 35 Concealer ($18)

This is writer, Megan Lawler’s, favorite makeup product. As you can see from #3, I’m starting to love MAC products and believe that they are worth the money. I have been looking for a new concealer so I’m definitely going to buy this one.

5.     Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette ($50)

HC ISU photographer Lindsay Nardini swears by this palette. It has so many different colors to choose from so you’ll never get bored when switching up your makeup routine. It’s a bit pricy but it lasts really long so it’s definitely worth it. Urban Decay just released the Naked 3 palette. I was given it as a Christmas gift and I can’t stop using it! Naked 3 is a rose-toned neutral palette and looks great with any eye color.

6.     Estee Lauder Bronzer ($36)

HC ISU writer Katie O’Rourke recommends this bronzer. Once again, it’s a bit pricy but it could pay off. Estee Lauder often gives complimentary gifts when you spend a certain amount of money. The free gifts that they give you are usually awesome!

Contributor account for Illinois State