HC Recommendations: What You Should Watch On Netflix

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

HC Recommendations: What You Should Watch On Netflix You guys read from us all the time and find advice in the words we say and we love the fact that you turn to our articles when you need something. So I have decided that we need to recommend more things to all of our beautiful readers. In these recommendation articles we will cover everything from Netflix to what makeup brands we love best. We write because we want to inspire and give advice as best we can to our readers. So here are some Netflix recommendations from some of the women of Her Campus here at Illinois State University. 

Chole Kasper would recommend Jane the Virgin “The show’s protagonist Jane is so relatable and inspiring, and the show as a whole is just as equally dramatic as it is comedic — I can’t get enough of it!”

Alexis Bauer would recommend Shameless “It’s the most absurd show you’ll ever watch but it is ridiculously entertaining. It’s perfect to binge watch with friends on a lazy Sunday!”

Amber Allison would recommend Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind “It’s one of Jim Carrey’s best films and Kate Winslet is in it too. It takes your emotions on a roller coaster, but you’ll love every second of it. Best to watch after a break-up!”

Heather Tidwell would recommend New Girl “I love watching New Girl whenever I need my Netflix fix! I swear the casting on that show could not be better with those four unlikely people living together. And, of course, everyone needs a little Schmidt in their life. If you don’t know who that is, then definitely start watching it!”

Mallory Lovings would recommend Grey’s Anatomy  “It’s the best worst show of your life. Grey’s will bring out emotions in you that you never knew you even had. How Shonda manages to get every emotion in every single episode is amazing and I aspire to write episodes like she does. You will never feel more of a connection with any other characters like you do with Grey’s! WATCH IT YOU WONT REGRET IT!!!!!”

Whitney Scasny would recommend Breaking Bad “It’s one of those shows that hooks you to the point where you’re two seasons in after one day of binge watching. After finishing all of the seasons, I’m still not over it.”

Morgan Basso would recommend Sons of Anarchy “There’s this super hot actor who stars in it and he takes his shirt off a lot. Also, it keeps you on the edge of your seat so I guess that’s good too.”

Sidney Anastasia would recommend Making a Murder “If you love a good conspiracy, that show is for you! I love crime shows and conspiracies so it’s a given that it is one of my favorites. Every time I talk about it though I give stuff away so just watch it.”

Stephanie Rodriguez would recommend Scandal “Kerry Washington is such an empowering woman in this role it’s almost inspiring to watch. Also what happens in that show is just madness!!” 

Sammie Cedano (yours truly) would recommend Skins  “This show is straight up wild! This British kids are just running around partying and doing crazy drugs it’s so insane to watch. It never gets boring and you fall in love with every character! I have re-watched this series five times since junior year of high school and I laugh and cry every single time!” 

Samantha Cedano

Illinois State

Contributor account for Illinois State