Life > Experiences

Guide to Your Galentine’s Brunch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Gather up your girls! This one is for my fellow single ladies who still want to get into the holiday spirit of all things hearts and arrows this Valentine’s Day…or Galentine’s Day! This term has been tossed around the past few years and has practically become its own holiday, which is celebrated on February 13th as a day to get with your girls and celebrate the love of your friendship (sounds cheesy but it’s a great excuse to get dressed up, take pictures, and buy yourselves some candy). This year my friends and I have decided to do our own “Galentine’s Day” brunch! I’ve gathered a list of easy recipe and decor ideas we will be implementing into our special day that you can use too. 

Drinks

It isn’t brunch without drinks! If you are of age, of course, you can’t go wrong with a classic mimosa. Keeping in touch with your Valentine’s color scheme you can go for pink sparkling rosé (can be substituted with sparkling rosé grape juice). Another fun option is pink lemonade with some raspberries or strawberries dropped in. If you want to really stick with your theme you can throw in some cute heart-shaped straws too!

Food

The best part about being with the girls instead of on a date is you can stuff! your! face! You can make just about anything heart-shaped (waffles, pancakes, cinnamon buns) go crazy with those options. Another classic and very simple idea is chocolate-covered strawberries. If you want to put your cooking skills to the test with your girls you can try making crepes (those are french and romantic right?). You can also throw in some boxes of chocolate and small bowls of candy to really pull it all together and get your blood sugar spiked at 10 a.m. 

Decor

The aesthetic is everything! If you feel like going all out and really want to bring your brunch together to make it “Instagram worthy” add some decor. You can blow up cute balloons with sayings, or plain pink and red balloons will do just fine too. Putting a cute letterboard on your table with a festive quote will look great in pictures too. Lastly, you can never go wrong with some pretty flowers to put on the center of your table.

Now that you have all the knowledge you need to pull off the best Galentine’s Day brunch, call up the girls! Whether you’re in a relationship or not, use this holiday to celebrate the love you have for your friends, family, or even your pets! 

Allie Nowak

Illinois State '22

Editor-in-chief for Her Campus at Illinois State University.