folklore cardigan with Taylor Swift\'s Red (Taylor\'s Version) vinyl
Emily Mepham

A Gift Guide for Swifties

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

When you think about Taylor Swift, I bet you think about someone in your life. (I’d lie if I said I didn’t hope you thought of me.) It’s almost Christmas (and Taylor’s birthday), and if you need someone to help you find what to gift the Swiftie in your life, I promise that you’ll never find another like me! 

Literally anything from the official Taylor Swift store 

This might be the obvious choice but it’s always effective! With the amount of merch Taylor Nation has been selling lately, there’s no way anyone could get all of the clothes, accessories, and knickknacks available. Just double-check with their roommate or stalk their Twitter accounts to see what they’ve gotten already and buy them something else! There are plenty of great options up right now, including the “All Too Well” scarf and journal that every Swiftie needs.

Something homemade with a lyric on it 

Taylor Swift herself loves giving homemade gifts, so of course, Swift fans will love receiving them! Whether it’s handmade by you or someone on Etsy, I’m sure the Swiftie in your life would love to get a sticker or embroidered shirt that’s Taylor-inspired. Or about their other favorite things, like books or coffee, and incorporate Taylor into that! There is a Taylor Swift lyric for literally everything. I promise you, no Swiftie would say no to something you put your heart and soul into. 

An inside reference to their favorite songs 

This is expert-level gift-giving right here. There are a lot of fun things that can reference a lot of Taylor’s songs. From cardigans to polaroids, you can get creative with these. Maybe you’ll give them your initial “on a chain ‘round their neck” (“Call It What You Want”), or a paper airplane necklace (“Out of the Woods”). I’m sure they would even appreciate a copy of Romeo & Juliet (“Love Story”) or one of Taylor’s favorite books, The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo. 

All things considered, Swifties are probably the easiest to shop for. If you have a Taylor lover in your life, you know all too well that we are always thinking about how things can relate to Taylor Swift—the world is our own Easter egg hunt. So as long as you can connect the gift for your favorite swiftie to Taylor Swift in any way, I’m sure they will be happy evermore.

Emily Mepham

Illinois State '25

Hi! My name is Emily and I am an English major at Illinois State University. Obviously, as an English major, I do a lot of writing and, thankfully, I love it! My entire personality consists of coffee, Disney, and Taylor Swift. I hope you enjoy my writing at least half as much as I enjoy writing it! <3 em