This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

As any Call Her Daddy fan might know, from mid-April to late May the two co-hosts of the popular Barstool Sports podcast had a very lengthy (and very public) falling out in regards to the show. Not long after, it was announced that Sofia Franklyn, one of the hosts, would no longer be involved with the show and Alexandra Cooper would be the sole host of the show. 

Since then, it was radio silent on Franklyn’s end, until now. 

On Sept. 29, she made an announcement of her comeback with the release of a trailer for her new podcast, Sofia with an F. The podcast is produced by Sloot Media, a new company, also seemingly run by Franklyn.

The trailer doesn’t include that much info on what exactly the show will be. She simply highlights the fact that she’s back but in her first episode, released Oct. 9, she goes into her side of the story (finally!) and lets fans know what to expect from this new endeavor.

She explains that her lengthy hiatus was her way of taking care of her mental health and working on herself before starting up this new project so that she is more than capable of making it the best it can be. 

Now, as far as the actual content of the show, fans can, of course, expect to hear about all the same crazy things she would share on Call Her Daddy, but she also hopes to get a little more serious and real with her listeners. 

Since the initial trailer release, Franklyn has dropped three new episodes, containing both solo content and the more familiar, discussion-like content with different co-hosts and guests. The podcast can be streamed on numerous platforms, including Apple Podcasts and Spotify.

Ela Messina

Illinois State '24

Ela is a junior marketing major and mass media minor at Illinois State. Aside from writing, she spends her downtime playing with her dogs, binging the newest TV comedies, and baking any and every dessert in the cookbook! Ela is the senior editor for the Illinois State chapter of Her Campus.
Contributor account for Illinois State