This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

With less than two weeks until winter vacation, most of us view finals week as that pesky little thing standing in the way between us and sweet freedom – for the next three months, anyway.

It’s just five short days, but a lot of things can happen in five days when you basically stay awake for a week straight. And what better way to describe finals week than through the characters of “Parks and Recreation”?

Here are 18 times Parks and Rec perfectly described the struggle that is finals week.

1. When you realize the final is cumulative and you don’t remember anything from the first ten weeks of class

2. When you go out even though you should be studying and accept that your life is falling apart

3. When you realize you need to get a 150 percent on the final to finish with an A in the class or 111 percent for a B

C’s get degrees, right?

4. When your professor tries to introduce new material a week before the final

5. When you have three cumulative finals to study for, a final paper, 2 final projects, a job, you’re almost out of swipes at the dining center, and you only have $0.56 left in your account to last you until the end of the semester

6. When you’re on the fifth page of your final paper and you’re no longer making any sense

As long as you hit the designated word count, you’ll be happy.

7. When your family and friends back home ask you how studying for finals is going

8. When your friend who’s taken the class you’re in before gives you all of their study guides to help you get through the final

9. When you decide to order a pizza and watch Netflix instead of studying

10. When your self-control finally steps in and you realize you should probably study even if you don’t want to

11. When your final is scheduled for 7:50 a.m. on a Monday morning

12. And when your last final is on Friday so you can’t go home early

13. When you’d literally rather be anywhere if it meant not having to study for finals

14. When you thought all hope was lost, nothing would ever be okay again, and then you realized you were wrong

15. When you’ve been at the library all day with no plans of going home any time soon

16. When you open your test and they’re all short answer questions and essays

17. When you walk out of a final actually feeling good about how it went

18. And finally, when you find out your hard work paid off and you passed all of your finals

LIT.

Whatever happens during finals week, at least we know we can always turn to Parks and Rec.

Dania De La Hoya

Illinois State

Dania De La Hoya is a senior at Illinois State University double majoring in Journalism and French. She hopes to one day work for anything from a magazine to a newspaper to a TV station. Her biggest goal is to one day publish a fiction novel. When she is not writing or juggling three languages, she can be found binge-watching her latest obsession on Netflix, eating guacamole, or petting cute dogs. You can follow her on Twitter and Instagram at @daniadelahoya.
Contributor account for Illinois State