This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

The time has come, the moment we have all been dreading; finals week! From the start of the semester, we have been stressing over finals, and now that they are here, we have realized that we have learned nothing. These next few days will be filled with thoughts and feelings that will help to prolong our procrastination.

“Is it cumulative?”

“What do I have to get on this final to keep at least a B in the class?”

“Is a D passing?”

“I am too hungry to study, once I eat, I will be more focused.”

“Okay, now I need a quick 20 minute nap for that food coma, then I will really be more focused!”

-Wakes up at 9 p.m.- “Sh*t.”

“I should not have gone out that one Thursday in October when I could have studied.”

“Do I even need to study?”

“I will just study the day before, I work better under pressure anyway.”

“Okay, I will start my homework after dinner at 6:30 p.m.”

-Watches Netflix until 11 p.m., pulls all-nighter-

“For every hour of studying, I will reward myself with an hour break.”

“I will go to the library where I am forced to study without Netflix or my bed.” -Socializes with friends for three hours-

“My room is just too messy to concentrate, maybe I will straighten up first.” 

-Cleans bedroom, bathroom, living room, kitchen, does laundry, does roommates laundry, rearranges furniture four times-

“I am too tired to study, I will not retain anything; I’ll just get up early in the morning and get a head start!”

-Snoozes alarm 14 times-

“Okay, let’s do this. But first, coffee.”

“Ugh, I really want to go out, but I know I should study. Maybe if I get a lot done I could still go out for a bit.” 

-Gets home at 4 a.m. and has two-day hangover.-

“Is there any extra credit?”

“Screw this, I want ice cream.” 

-Has mental breakdown.-

“Maybe college is just not for me.”

You can do this. You are going to work hard so you can play hard. You are beautiful and you are going to do great things!”

“But starting tomorrow…”

Just remember, you are not alone, after all, I am procrastinating by writing this article. All of us college students are stressing over something, whether it is final projects, papers, exams, or student teaching. You have made it this far for a reason, so tough it out and do not give up. It will all be worth it in the long run. Work hard so you can treat yourself ;)

Danielle Farrow

Illinois State

Contributor account for Illinois State