This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

It is officially fall in my mind. Once it drops below 65 degrees, it’s game on. Lose the bathing suits and tube tops because it is time to bring out all the sweaters. To get you in the “best for fashion” season, here are some trends that will be making their mark this fall.

1. Animal Print

In fall 2018 runway shows, there has been a wide rang of different types of animal prints. This can be anything from tiger pattern to zebra-like stripes, but leopard and snake print is by far the easiest to rock, and if you do not already have something in your closet in these pattern, start hunting for your favorite pieces. They even look awesome on shoes too…

1. Cross body Fanny Pack

This trend originally debuted this summer. When fanny packs first became a trend, I was into it at first, but I wasn’t sold. Then I saw this popping up over chunky sweaters worn across the body. Not only is it fashionable, it’s so convenient too! Easy access to all your necessities AND you do not have to worry about misplacing your purse.

1. Fun denim

Denim is a staple in any fall wardrobe, but now it has a little big of flare. We have been seeing the return of boot cut and boyfriend jeans, and it’s the season of print. This trend includes pin stripes, checkered, and pops of color. Use this to spice up your favorite pair of black booties and black body suit. So versatile to give you the fun you wanted this fall.

1. Textured Sweaters

Think cozy, think warm, think fun, think chunky. All of these wrapped into one big sweater, this could not get any better. This trend that is making their way into closets everywhere this fall includes fuzzy long cardigans like this, and an all-time favorite, the teddy coat. Use these for layering over your favorite shirt to complete the look.

I bet you didn’t know you needed these things until now. Hopefully these trends will inspire you to spice up your wardrobe. Have fun with mixing colors and patterns this season. You got this!

Trisha Fritz

Illinois State '19

Hi I am Trisha- a natural born leader with a proven track record on taking chaotic situations and turning them into something great and a wannabe pop-culture expert. I am graduating Illinois State University in 2019 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism with a minor in Writing. In college, I worked at the schools TV station, TV-10. While in school, I’ve managed and motivated my peers in the communication area while balancing a hectic work schedule in the service industry. Do not let my wittiness fool you, this is all just a plan for world domination.
Contributor account for Illinois State