This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Bloomington Normal Illinois is no one’s first choice for a date spot, however there’s no denying that it is absolutely breath taking in the fall. The leaves are changing colors, the weather is cooling down, and couples are cozying up in their fall sweaters (or maybe that’s just me). Although this town isn’t full of the most ideal or romantic date locations, there are some festive and fun ideas right here in town! 

Rader Family Farms

Located less than 10 minutes off campus is a fall favorite for ISU students! Rader Family Farms is open all week and has numerous of activities at a really affordable price. You and your bae can go pumpkin picking, get lost in a corn maze, buy some yummy fall treats from their bakery, and much more! Also, there are a ton of cute spots for some cute couple pics of course. 

Spooky Movie Night In 

Why go out when you can stay in? Cozy up with some scary (or not so scary) movies! If you’re looking to actually be terrified Netflix has a ton of choices…but if you’re like me and you still enjoy the early 2000’s Disney Halloween movies (Halloween Town FTW) you can find those and many more classics on Hulu. To go with your spooky movie, I highly recommend getting some snacks, specifically the Pillsbury holiday themed cookies, because who doesn’t love those? Pair that with some apple cider and a fuzzy blanket, and you’re good to go! 

Uptown Normal 

If you’re looking for a fun date idea right on campus Uptown Normal is a classic option. Not only is it gorgeous during the fall, giving off major cozy college town vibes, but there are so many cute restaurants and shops to wander around in with your s/o. Emack Bolio’s Ice-cream Shop has some delicious fall themed desserts, and if you’re looking for a more upscale date Medici has a wide variety menu, and you can eat on the balcony for some romantic seating and a good view of the town! 

You can still get your romantic fall date fix while away at school redbirds! Sometimes smaller towns have the cutest date picks if you keep an eye out for them.

Allie Nowak

Illinois State '22

Editor-in-chief for Her Campus at Illinois State University.