This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

If you’re lucky enough to call Evyn Schaffer a friend, you know the meaning of living life to the fullest. You probably hear phrases like “yasssss”, “I am LIVING”, and more on a daily basis. Your camera roll is probably full of hilarious snapchat screenshots. Most importantly, you always feel lucky to have such a hilarious and compassionate friend in your life. 

Name: Evyn Schaffer

Hometown: Naperville, IL

Major: Special Education LBS

Age: 21 SOON

Role Model: My brothers

Celebrity Crush: WCW Sophia Bush. Also Michael B. Jordan

Favorite animal: Gibbon Ape (look them up on YouTube)

Favorite song ATM: Troye Sivan, For Him

Her Campus Illinois State: Describe yourself in 3 words.

Evyn Schaffer: Kind, introverted-extrovert, helpful

HC ISU: What’s a fun fact about you?

ES: I almost got shot in fourth grade. I thought I saw a guy with a gun when I was walking to school. Mind you, it’s about a 5 minute walk and I can literally see my elementary school from my house. But homeboy had a gun. So I hid behind some evergreens and waited there. I made it, though.

HC ISU: What are you involved in on campus?

ES: I am the president of the National Society of Collegiate Scholars (NSCS), which is an honors society here on campus that does community service and provides leadership and professional development opportunities. All our members have a 3.4 GPA or higher when invited. I was also on the club volleyball team for my first two years but I’m not anymore because I’m student teaching at Eureka.

HC ISU: What is your favorite spot in Blo-No?

ES: My favorite spot is Target. Squad up. I like going there and buying all the stuff that I really don’t need. You’ll walk in and say “I need some notecards,” but you see the cartwheel app and end up buying a raincoat in the middle of winter.

HC ISU: What are you most excited about for your future career as a Special Education teacher?

ES: I’m excited to really make a difference. A lot of the times, people don’t see the kids as normal kids, but they are normal kids; they just have a unique way of learning and it’s my job to uncover their way of learning.  It’s so rewarding to see my students get one step closer to their goal. For example, if you work with a child with Autism who has difficulty making eye contact while talking to you or making a request and then one day randomly he comes up to talk to you and looks you in the eye, you don’t realize how difficult it is for them to do that. So it’s cool to finally see them look you in the eye and reach a small goal like that.

HC ISU: If you could spend the day with a famous person, who would it be and why?

ES: Beyoncé just to see how the other side lives just for a second. And then I would hang out with Blue Ivy obviously. Then the squad of Kim and Kanye thus bringing North and Saint. Then Penelope thus making it imperative that Kourtney comes. Then since Kourtney is there, Khloe can’t not be there, thus bringing Kendall, and Harry Styles as they’re together. Then he’ll call Louis, Niall, and Liam and then Louis would bring his newborn son because he can’t leave him alone. So basically I’ll be hanging with all of One Direction through Beyoncé.

HC ISU: Where can we find you on weekends?

ES: You can find me hanging out with my best friends going to Target, watching TV and movies. After this weekend, you can find me in the bars, though. #21af.

HC ISU: What are your spring break plans?

ES: I’m going to California with my squad. About to FSU and meet some celebs. Going to be a mix between Spring Breakers (but none of us will actually get arrested), Bling Ring, and Starstruck. If your 2009 self doesn’t know the movie Starstruck, go home. It’s going to be a mix between JONAS LA but with the sass of Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami. Long story short, we are going to burn it down.

HC ISU: If you were stranded on an island, what three things would you want with you?

ES: I would want my mom to hang out with me because I don’t want to be by myself, and if need be, I can eat her. Love you, Mom. I would also want a fully stocked Target. The nicest Target that there is. I also want my phone so I can live-tweet the whole thing. #strandedwithev

HC ISU: What’s your favorite social media platform?

ES: I love Twitter. Follow me @littleswag__. Two underscores. But I like Twitter and I like to say I’m pretty funny on Twitter. But my favorite is Tumblr because the fans go so hard on Tumblr. I’m not even in a specific fandom but I love searching stuff because the fans always make such good gifs and memes and I just die every time because you know they’re all 12 years old and should be doing pre-algebra instead.

HC ISU: What are you listening to on Spotify lately?

ES: Troye Sivan (my best friend and I are going to see him in concert next month). 2000’s hip hop. Tori Kelly. And Beyoncé.

HC ISU: What’s are some of your favorite TV shows?

ES: Parenthood and Boy Meets World are my all-time favorites. I’m also loving all the reboots. I’m excited for Fuller House and Girl Meets World is lowkey a really good show, too. It has all the same characters and they still have the classic lessons that Boy Meets World had.

Contributor account for Illinois State