This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

So it’s Valentine’s Day, we’re in a pandemic, and you have nothing else to do. This is the perfect time for a photoshoot. Here’s the 5 most needed things you’ll need for the perfect at home Valentine’s Day photoshoot:

Balloons

Preferable heart shaped but honestly any pink or white balloons will do. Balloons are always so fun to have in literally any situation and you can get this at the dollar store! Yep that’s right for only $1 you can have a fully inflated balloon to take the cutest pictures with.

Props

I personally love sunglasses as a prop. I have a pair of white heart shaped ones that I specifically bring out for Valentine’s Day. I know for a fact that you can get these glasses on Amazon or at Five Below! Other props that you could include could be things like a heart shaped cake or some glitter/confetti. Literally anything fun and that’ll make you smile is a great prop idea. 

Pink backdrop

Specifically pink for this occasion. You can go all out and get a fancy backdrop from Amazon but I personally get all mine from either Party City, Five Below or the Dollar Store! Anything that’ll draw attention and make your instagram followers want to ask you where you got it from! 

iPhone or any other device to take photos 

This one is pretty self explanatory. Basically you want anything that has a good quality camera so that your photos turn out as bomb.com as possible. Bonus fact: if you’re going to be alone on VDay and can’t see any friends, the self timer feature is literally the best thing ever invented. 

A cute ass outfit

Anything pink, sexy or that you feel like a bad bitch in will work for this step. I personally have been loving that TikTok trend of the lace bustier bodysuits that’s been going around lately. I know that Ross definitely has some and I’m sure places like TJMaxx would too.

Go wild and have fun! This photoshoot is all about you and making you feel like the beautiful bad bitch that you are!

Sarah Baran

Illinois State '22

Hi!! My name is Sarah and I'm a senior at Illinois State. I am currently majoring in Journalism with a minor in Criminal Justice! I love HerCampus because it gives me the opportunity to write whatever I want. I've never really had this chance before so it's really amazing to get to experience. If you want to see more about my life, follow me on Twitter and Instagram! @sarahs524
    Contributor account for Illinois State