Denim Trends You Need This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Denim is probably one of the most popular staple pieces in fashion ever. If you really think about it, denim has always been around. This super versatile fabric has stayed near and dear to our hearts for years and years because it keeps being reworked to stay up-todate with current trends. This fall, the denim trends are so fashion forward, and we are obsessed. With something so comfy and effortlessly stylish, how could we not be?!

1. Pearls

If you want to add a little bit of sophistication to your denim duds, pearls are the way to go. They look so cute along the hem of a good boyfriend fit or even on the collar of an oversized denim jacket! Whatever way you wear them, you’ll definitely be giving off major street style vibes.

2. Frayed Hems

Now, I know we’ve definitely all been seeing the frayed hem here and there for the past few months, but this fall it’s getting taken up a notch! Try your denim with a longer, thicker fray to spice up this trend! This kind of pant looks so chic with block-heel booties, or even sneakers!

3. Embroidery

Embroidery is perfect for the girl who’s sweet, down-to-earth and a little bit retro. All of the multicolored floral designs are so pretty – I literally want everything embroidered. Take on this trend to add some color to your denim!

4. Patchwork

Patchwork denim also gives off major retro vibes and is perfect if you can’t make up your mind about which wash works for you! This trend mixes different denim washes to create one mega stylish pair of jeans. Yes, please!

5. Side Stripes

This side-stripe along the leg is like a mix between a track pant and our favorite pair of jeans, and there’s never been a more chic combo. If you rock the side-striped denim, your style will definitely be elevated – as will your confidence.

What denim trend will you be rocking this season?

Allison O'Brien

Illinois State

Contributor account for Illinois State