This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Summer is just a few weeks away and a BBQ spent with family and friends is the perfect summer weekend! It is easy to get caught up in the greasy and unhealthy food, so I wanted to show you some healthy options to serve at a BBQ that are delicious.

Avocado, Bean, & Tomato Salad

This salad is delicious and filled with nutrients! It is also simple to make. All is takes to make this salad is the following:

Black Beans

Kidney Beans

15 ounces Corn

1 Orange Bell Pepper

1 Bunch Cilantro

2 Avocados

2 Limes

½ Cup Olive Oil

Zucchini Tater Tots

Tater tots are a must have side dish for any BBQ. This recipe is only 4 ingredients and you will not have to feel guilty after eating them!

Potatoes

Zucchini

Salt

Olive Oil

Grilled Parmesan Corn on the Cob

Corn on the cob is a summertime favorite! This parmesan corn on the cob is made with the following:

Clean Corn Husks

1 Tablespoon Butter

Grated Parmesan

Garlic Powder

Salt & Pepper

Ashley Painter

Illinois State '20

Hi I am Ashley! I love being apart of Her Campus and am so grateful for all the opportunities this organization has given me. I am the current Editor in Chief at Illinois Sate University and previous Social Media Director. I am majoring in Public Relations and will be graduating this May 2020. I am persuing a career in PR, marketing, and media. Follow me on Social media! Instagram @ashleypainterr Facebook @Ashley Lauren
Contributor account for Illinois State